• Register Today It's free!

Back in an explorer!

AKbrener

Reaction score
City, State
Dickinson, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Explorer Eddie Bauer
After selling my 96 xlt 5.0 a few years back I finally got the wife a new explorer this weekend.

2005 Eddie Bauer 4.0 2wd. Stone metallic paint
its so much nicer than the old 96 body style. We are the 2nd owners, was purchased used from the same dealership it was bought new. Had been serviced there for most things too.

Had been looking for about a month and finally found one that was decently priced, not beat to hell, and not red or tan. even though it has 100K miles you would never know it. Also does not have the 3rd row, which was really hard to find, we dont have kids yet so we will take advantage of the better cargo area.

I dont have much in mind for it other than driving it, but may try to find a few ways to get some more gas mileage out of it. and maybe a front leveling kit if its available.

A few pics:

Explorer2.jpg

Interior1.jpg

DVDstuff.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice looking Ex. :biggthump

and welcome back. :wavey:

Very nice! Hey- when I was hauling mini hockey players around we used the third row maybe 5 times the whole season. Even the kids didn't like sitting back there. When you do have 'em, you already have the DVD! Bonus! :)

Nice find. :thumbsup:

I understand why you wouldn't want a third row now but later on I think you might regret it. After all, if you need the cargo space you can always fold down the third row.

eh, i dont plan on having 5 kids. and by the time any kids I do end up having are old enough to invite friends to come along somewhere, this explorer will be long gone.

Good looking X. Nice and clean. You got lucky (only 2 row seats), I didn't want the 3rd row and ended up with it...
100K on that?! Looks great for that mileage.

are those front windows tinted to match the back ones?

yea, they are nearly the same darkness. the back is all factory, fronts are maybe a tad lighter.

ok thanks just wondering because ive got an 06 Eddie Bauer that i want the front windows tinted to match the factory tint!

Back