• Register Today It's free!

bit chilly outside eh?

Hotweels

Reaction score
City, State
Calgary,AB
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 EB
my thermometer say's its bout -25c but there's a slight wind so i am guessin more about -28c/-30c

gotta go outside the igloo here in a bit so i kin carve me off sum whale blubber.... hope the polarbear's arent hungry tonite....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i know some of the southern members of the site dont quite understand celsius so he's the conversion chart....

50 degrees Fahrenheit (10 C): Californians shiver uncontrollably. Canadians plant gardens.

35 Fahrenheit (1.6 C): Italian cars won't start. Canadians drive with the windows down.

32 Fahrenheit (0 C): American water freezes. Canadian water gets thicker.

0 Fahrenheit (-17.9 C): New York City landlords finally turn on the heat. Canadians have the last cookout of the season.

-60 Fahrenheit (-51 C): Mt. St. Helens freezes. Canadian Girl Guides sell cookies door-to-door.

-100 Fahrenheit (-73 C): Santa Claus abandons the North Pole. Canadians pull down their ear flaps.

-173 Fahrenheit (-114 C) Ethyl alcohol Freezes. Canadians get frustrated when they can't thaw the keg.

-460 Fahrenheit (-273 C) Absolute zero; all atomic motion stops. Canadians start saying "cold, eh?"

-500 Fahrenheit (-295 C): Hell freezes over. The Leafs win the Stanley Cup.

hey since christmas is rite around the corner i thought i would share my mom's secret rum cake recipe with all you.... it's the best one out there!

Recipe For Christmas Rum Cake
Ingredients:
1 or 2 qts. of rum
1 cup butter
1/8 tsp. sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup dried fruit
baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
lemon juice
brown sugar
nuts
Directions:
Before you start, sample the rum to check for quality.
Select a large mixing bowl, measuring cup, etc. Check the rum again. It must be just right! To be sure the rum is of the highest quality, pour 1 level cup of rum into a glass and drink it as fast as you can. Repeat.
With an electric mixer, beat butter in large fluffy bowl. Add 1 seaspoon of thugar and beat again. Meanshile, it’s important to make sure the rum is of the finest quality—try another cup.
Open the second quart of rum if necessary. Add 1 arge leggs, 2 cups of fried druits and beat till high.
If the druits get stuck in the beats, just pru it loose with a drewscriver. Sample the rum again for cinscistincy.
Next, sift 3 cups of salt and feffer (it really doesn’t matter). Sample the wum again.
Sift 1 pint of lemon goose, add 1 bablespoon of brown thugar, of whatever color tou can find. Mix well. Grease oven, turn cake pan to 350 greeds.
Noe, pour the whole mess sinto the boven and ake. Check the crum again and go to bed.

i know some of the southern members of the site dont quite understand celsius so he's the conversion chart....

50 degrees Fahrenheit (10 C): Californians shiver uncontrollably. Canadians plant gardens.

35 Fahrenheit (1.6 C): Italian cars won't start. Canadians drive with the windows down.

0 Fahrenheit (-17.9 C): New York City landlords finally turn on the heat. Canadians have the last cookout of the season.

-60 Fahrenheit (-51 C): Mt. St. Helens freezes. Canadian Girl Guides sell cookies door-to-door.

-100 Fahrenheit (-73 C): Santa Claus abandons the North Pole. Canadians pull down their ear flaps.

-173 Fahrenheit (-114 C) Ethyl alcohol Freezes. Canadians get frustrated when they can't thaw the keg.

-460 Fahrenheit (-273 C) Absolute zero; all atomic motion stops. Canadians start saying "cold, eh?"

-500 Fahrenheit (-295 C): Hell freezes over. The Leafs win the Stanley Cup.

haha, those are awesome

Man, -38 up here, you guys no nothing about cold :p:

You can have the cold it's been in the 70's and sunny here for the last five days and they say for most of this week too. I grew up in the cold and snow (nothing like either of you) and I will never go back.

Every year i put my christmas lights up on the house after thanksgiving. And every year i do it in shorts and a Tshirt. I take them down after new years, and i do it in jeans and a Tshirt.

Yall can keep all that cold weather. :p:

ya but i get to drift a 3/4ton savana around the city 3 months of the year and get paid for it :p muahahahaha

Ok, it was -42 this morning, -48 with wind chill factor.

hey leasha.... new member eh? dont be a stranger!!!!

all pretty friendly group here.... and calgary is taking a beating from edmonton in member numbers :(

I know that you Canadians have much more cold than Seattle does, but right now it is a bit nippy by Seattle standards, highs in the upper 20's right now. Theres a bit of snow on the ground and, but some of you know that from watching Monday Night Football. Go Hawks!! :D

No way man it's in the 70s here and balmy, life is grand, the only good thing about this horrible state. :p

Not too cold this year hunting compared to some other times I hunted.
Got about 400 lbs (dressed) of Bambi meat to fill our freezers up.
And got our Christmas trees too. Our choice $5.00 each.

Ok, it was -42 this morning, -48 with wind chill factor.

Ha, yah. That was brutal. It's finally warmed up again though...(around -15c)

Greatest thing I've ever read...ever. Hey James, I heard it was cold in Texas about 2 to 3 weeks ago. They got about 3 snow flakes and the whole city of Fort Worth stopped to go buy milk and bread. Here in NC though; I was in a tee shirt with the window cracked today. It's coming though. I bet we get some good snow this year.(As far as NC goes) It's going to start in mid Jan and stop late Feb early March.

Yea, it was chilly 2 weeks ago but we got no snow as D/FW area is a little more "wintery" than Texarkana. :p: Its back to normal now- mid 70's f during the day and low to mid 50's f at night.

Well, I don't know what happened to the chilly weather caus eit has been way above average all month. We did have our first snowfall a couple weeks ago and it was in the teens and it seemed like winter had arived. Since then, though, it has been in the upper 40's to upper 50's when it is usually in the mid 30's. There is no ice on the ponds and I haven't really had to wear my winter coat at all. Looking like there will not be a white christmas for us this year. :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We set a heat record today...I realy wanted a nice cold white Christmas.

Back