Black Magic is felling a little low, not too low, just 2" lower. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Black Magic is felling a little low, not too low, just 2" lower.

Black Magic

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
St. Louis, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer Street
Black Magic is felling a little low, not too low. Just about 2" lower.
DSC00061.jpg

DSC00077.jpg

DSC00084.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I see 2 5/8 height change. Anyway, ignore my stupid comments. Very nice, what did you use? EE kit or universal lowering blocks?

Just Torsion Bar Twist up front, shackles in rear. I will hopefully be getting some Billsteins too. I already have Saleen Anti-Sway in front and rear with 1.5" block in rear.

Oh the two pics is the before of the passenger side and the after of the drivers side. I was going for WOW effect.

Thanks for the great complements!

When I get new wheels I will get an allignment. My brother has a shop and I just called him to meet me down there and set it up true.

Good question, most people don't think about that.

When you dropped the truck, did you install camber adjusters?

arent you a 4wd? Doesnt anything lower then 2 hurt it? Did you follow the going for the gusto thread?

Well after a whole night of cruzin' and riding arround. I guess the truck might have settled more. So I will get out there with the tape and see where we set. I'll be back...

Looks good, it'll look even better with the '20 Rozzi's. :D :D :D

Have any problems getting those u-bolts on? I just bought the same ones.

BTW, who's the little feller that's helping you in the first few pics? :D

The U bolts did need to be taped on and then squeezed a little. Other than that they are good.
That I my little man, Tyler. He is my 4 year old helper:confused:. Really he can be a better assistant than a lot of my other friends.

will bilsteins work with ur lowered x? i thoguth bilstein only made shocks for stock height x's.

I think I have see 2" drop shocks before. Would it be a bad idea to get factory spec shocks incase I ever want to lift it back to stock height?

Black Magic, you said you haven't gotten an alignment yet, is driving your truck a big task or is it just slightly out?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

blackmagic... you;ve seen 2 in drop shocks from bilstein? ive only seen their regular shocks which supposedly have a much better ride then stock... but nothing about bilsteins for lowered... can u give me some more info please?

Back