Black Magic is felling a little low, not too low, just 2" lower. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Black Magic is felling a little low, not too low, just 2" lower.

Hartman No, I have gotten an allignment. My brothers shop does allignments. Before I got it I didn't notice anything at all though. I am not sure just how much moving stuff arround you have to do to get it out of wack but after the t-bolts and the blocks it wasn't really off just the camber. I am not sure how much but my brother didn't add anything just adjusted it.

jssong I am not sure where. It was awhile back. I just though I rememeber something about someone, thought it was bilstins that have explorer shocks for 2" lower.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How long will the stock explorer shocks last with getting it lowered like this? All depends on how bad the roads are where you live? I am still interested in doing the same. Also for all you 2k1 sporters i bought my grille and clear corners about 4 days ago (im on vaction so i will have them on till the 15th) PICTURES!!! And by the way Matt the sport looks amazing lowered like that. Hahaha and yeah man your little helper already has some guns!!! Must be from curling that tape measure.

RoadEnforcer Thanks for the compliment! Yea, He does need to get on an excercise program and work the belly off though. :p He's lucky I didn't break out the 100' roll tape measure. LOL

Matt, I am also just wondering what shocks your looking to buy. How different is the ride with it lowered. Which 20's have your interested right now, because I remember you spoke something about Rozzi's. Have you decided between the trenz grille or no grille?

I am sticking with no grille! I have really fallen in love with the look. It is nice and clean and sportier looking than the Trenz, I still really like the Trenz grill! I just think I will keep it like this and see if I change my mind sometime.

As far as shocks. I really want to get the Bilstens. Did you read my question on should I get Stock height shocks or shorter shocks?

I must have missed that question, sorry. Was it pretty easy to take the grille off? and arent you worried about all the bug guts all over the stuff under the hood?

i would like to know where you got the drop from... i cannot find any drop blocks shackles etc etc... where did you get those from?

You can get 2 inch drop blocks from Pep Boys, AutoZone, etc. Just go to the counter and ask for 2 inch universal lowering blocks. The kit should come with the blocks, u-bolts, and all the hardware for the rear.

WOW, i feel pretty dumb now. And you just had to squeze it alittle bit? it didnt hurt anything?

Yea, just used the universal blocks. The U bolts are a tiny bit to skiny. They will work no problem. Just had to use a hammer to tap them down and a big pair of pliers to close them to fit in the bolt holes on the shock plate. Nothing too drastic at all. Just Finessing the parts.

The grille was easy, just unscrew the top of the grill and there is a few tabs that you have untab. Then it pops out the back and you lift it up through the top.

Hey Black Magic, you got a 2/2 drop if im not mistaken?!?! Could you get a measurement from the ground to the bottom of your running board for me?

cool thanks, also one more question, i know, i know your like ::rolleyes: :rolleyes: shut up!!!! but what were the size of the u bolts you had? i saw a whole bunch of different sizes?!?! i think i did, id feel like a moron if it wasnt. but im pretty sure that there are different sizes... anyway i was wondering since you got that one and had to squeze the u-bolt a little bit, i was gonna see if there was a size a bit bigger. Another thing i was wondering was if you did all this all by yourself. (it must be kinda bad to have the only dropped 01+ sport thats still on the board, too many questions):D

kingsleysurf No problem at all! I really enjoy when I get an oppertunity to assist fellow X'er's. I did not measure the bolts, they were just the ones that came with the Universal lift/lower kit from AutoZone. They fit fine just a little tight. Barrly bigger (width) then the stock Ubolts. of course 2" longer. I did it at my brothers shop he has three lifts and one is a platform lift with jacks built on it and made it very easy.

Please, if you have anyother questions let me know.

I got a question, I realize that this is an old thread, but I just acquired a 1997 AWD X I am wondering if I can do a torsion twist like you and blocks in the rear?

Hey I feel stupid for asking but whats the procedure for twisting the torsion bar for the front drop you got? Any help would be nice.
By the way the "X" looks real clean. Nice!!

ford4life2602 said:
Hey I feel stupid for asking but whats the procedure for twisting the torsion bar for the front drop you got? Any help would be nice.
By the way the "X" looks real clean. Nice!!

Are you aware that you just responded to a thread from 3+ years ago? :confused:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

bumb stop interference

First Off, Nice Looking X Black Magic. I Just Got A Black 98 X Sport And Want To Drop It 2/2. Do You Notice The Front End Ever Bottoming Out On The Stops With It Dropped. I Noticed It Is Already Pretty Close W/o The Drop!

Back