Brake caliper pin removal how? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Brake caliper pin removal how?

You'll be lucky to find that 75-145w syn. diff oil here other than from Ford. I bought some from Ford (had in stock at Inchscape Ford Farnborough, hint, hint). I think it was actually cheaper than the front diff oil. You also need RTV sealant.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You'll be lucky to find that 75-145w syn. diff oil here other than from Ford. I bought some from Ford (had in stock at Inchscape Ford Farnborough, hint, hint). I think it was actually cheaper than the front diff oil. You also need RTV sealant.

Thanks! My wife is from Farnborough and all her family live there so that's a stroke of luck. I will buy some when I get down there. I am flying so will have to get it couriered back home. Fortunately for me, one of my sister-in-laws boyfriend happens to work for DHL so a pint or two should secure it's delivery!

Thanks for all the replies.

That friction modifier is nearly 20.00, for a small clear bottle of 120 ml. That SAE 75W-140W isn't cheap either, nearly 20.00 a litre as well. I just bought all the bits to do mine. Ford sells the silcone sealer for a 10.00.

94 Ranger brakes

I see I'm not the only one with these pins holding the caliper in place.
ok,I have afew questions,1st, the bleeder valve is completly rusted in place (won't budge,penetrant,air wrench or heat) already chewed-up,what's my next step ? 2nd, the pickup is pulling left when I brake,is the caliper sticking ? 3rd, go over removal and installing of "pins". thanx

I see I'm not the only one with these pins holding the caliper in place.
ok,I have afew questions,1st, the bleeder valve is completly rusted in place (won't budge,penetrant,air wrench or heat) already chewed-up,what's my next step ? 2nd, the pickup is pulling left when I brake,is the caliper sticking ? 3rd, go over removal and installing of "pins". thanx

Hi gene i think you are in the wrong place for your query, maybe the ranger section would get more replies.
But i'll give my answers
1) get a replacement caliper from a breakers. You could take off the caliper and then drill out nipple using steadily larger bits untill you can prize out the thread. then chase and fit new nipple. can be done but sure a caliper can be had for not many $$ over there.
2) If pulling left then the right hand side not exerting the same braking force
3) can't help with the pins short of what this thread has already said

Thanks for the info,gotta work on my UK-ese.

Back