Broken Outside Mirror | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Broken Outside Mirror

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

BLIS also is not working. The light turns on yellow in the mirrors when i first start the car but it does not work when cars passes. Maybe some part in the mirror that is affecting BLIS not to work.

BLIS also is not working. The light turns on yellow in the mirrors when i first start the car but it does not work when cars passes. Maybe some part in the mirror that is affecting BLIS not to work.
Did you check BLIS on the passenger side?

Did you check BLIS on the passenger side?

Yes, I tested both sides. Not working on both sides. I am not too worried about BLIS as it should be covered under warranty.

The good thing is that the power folding works, puddle lamp lights up, memory function works, heated element hopefully also works.

Yes, I tested both sides. Not working on both sides. I am not too worried about BLIS as it should be covered under warranty.

The good thing is that the power folding works, puddle lamp lights up, memory function works, heated element hopefully also works.
The BLIS may be a different issue. Good luck.

Peter

If there's damage to the sensor on the right side, the BLIS issue isn't going to be covered. Check eBay and buy a used mirror. You should be able to get the complete assembly under $300.

If there's damage to the sensor on the right side, the BLIS issue isn't going to be covered. Check eBay and buy a used mirror. You should be able to get the complete assembly under $300.
The actual BLIS sensor is not located in the mirror. The system uses radar sensors that are located behind the rear bumper fascia on each side of the vehicle.

Peter

The actual BLIS sensor is not located in the mirror. The system uses radar sensors that are located behind the rear bumper fascia on each side of the vehicle.

Peter

I ordered turn signal light in the mirror and the cover. I have not opened up the mirror yet, but I bet a wire or something got loose in the mirror or maybe a connector. I never had this problem before with BLIS, it was always working. Its some part inside the driver size mirror that is loose or effects the BLIS system.

Back