Brown Wire Mod Trouble

DillonMT

Reaction score
City, State
North Vancouver, BC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer XLT
Hi,

I have an 02 XLT 4wd and i installed the wiring to and from the relay, wired the switch and grounded it to the stereo, and tapped into the power line on the 4x4 harness. Completly Wired properly, i start it and the switch does not light up and the 4x4 is no longer working, also the ABS light is on to boot.

Any Takers?

I thought possibly the power-line isnt working to the switch for whatever reason, i could really use an opinion

Cheers

Dillon

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi,

I have an 02 XLT 4wd and i installed the wiring to and from the relay, wired the switch and grounded it to the stereo, and tapped into the power line on the 4x4 harness. Completly Wired properly, i start it and the switch does not light up and the 4x4 is no longer working, also the ABS light is on to boot.

Any Takers?

I thought possibly the power-line isnt working to the switch for whatever reason, i could really use an opinion

Cheers

Dillon

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149388

I highly suggest that you read this thread. Where you cut the wire, and which terminal on the switch you put it on is critical. He says the cut the wire ABOVE the splice and to make sure you cut the part that goes up and to the left. Maybe simply wired wrong!

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Allthough im a little confused as the link you sent me seems to be a comprehensive guide to a second gen explorer, mine is an 03 so the wiring is all different.

Any other ideas?

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Allthough im a little confused as the link you sent me seems to be a comprehensive guide to a second gen explorer, mine is an 03 so the wiring is all different.

Any other ideas?

Well, i would seriously consider the fact that you could have the wires going to the wrong terminals on your switch. Try turning the switch to the "off" position and see if it works. Then you will know you have it backwards. Also, I remember you saying you grounded it to the STEREO?? Why did you choose that? That may also be a problem. I would try grounding it to the many steel plates and or braces under the dash! Just make sure the paint if any is off. good luck

Good Idea. I am going to cut out any problems, and im going to spend a few hours and soter all my wires ect. i dont trust these connectors. also possibly switch to 16 gauge instead of 14 i think 14 might be a tad to thick.

Thanks for the imput guys! :salute:

Back