• Register Today It's free!

C4 Swap Question

CarFreak146

Reaction score
City, State
Shawnee, Kansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Explorer XLT
ok, I've done some research to do this swap, and I ahve come across a C4/D20 combo out of an EB that I can get.... now I know I will need the C5 Bellhousing, flexplate and Torque converter.

But my main question is the cooling lines.... can I use the lines from the A4LD or do I need to cutom bend and run new ones to the tranny cooler? Thanks for any help.

--Ryan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

just use 3/8'' flex hose

the rubber stuff or the braided line? (sorry I'm slow)

--Ryan

you can use the braided rubber line, like fuel hose.

oh, I gotcha. thanks, yeah, I guess it doesn't run much pressure through there. Thanks man.

--Ryan

yeah, there's not much pressure. rubber hose and hose claps do the job great.

I have a seperate question now....

I need a C5 Torque convertor, well my question is, I"m using this Explorer for rock crawling, would it be a bad idea to put in a higher stall TC?? I'm not that knowledgable about them, but I would like some info if it would be a good idea, so I can buy it while I'm puttin all this together, thanks for any help on this question.

--Ryan

You don't need a stall converter for crawling. I never get out of first gear while on the rocks.

A stall speed converter affects the shifting, not an issue for rock crawling since you are rarely over 5 mph.

If you wanted to race it, that would be a different story

alright, thanks again man.

Back