Calling all NC Wheelers!!!!!!!! | Page 27 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Calling all NC Wheelers!!!!!!!!

where at

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We've got some ideas, but are open to suggestions.

Is anyone NOT up for driving to Asheboro? It's a day trip from just about anywhere. There is plenty of camping around. There's the Zoo. And there's Uwharrie.

Asheboro's like, 30 mins from my house.
I'm game if I'm not at work or school.

How about a meet and greet at the zoo, like Joe suggested. We can bring our family and tailgate. It will be a great time. I haven't been to the zoo in about 17 years. If anyone wants to go wheeling we can schedule that into it all also since it's only about 30 min from there. I'm up for both the zoo and stretching out the expo's legs.:D

about how many members are there from north carolina? i would love to get out to uwharrie for a trail ride with a bunch of explorers, just need to get some tow hooks on and i'd prefer to get my body lift on but don't have anywhere or any way to get it on.

How about a meet and greet at the zoo, like Joe suggested. We can bring our family and tailgate. It will be a great time. I haven't been to the zoo in about 17 years. If anyone wants to go wheeling we can schedule that into it all also since it's only about 30 min from there. I'm up for both the zoo and stretching out the expo's legs.:D

This was all Dopler's idea, and it's pretty much dead in the middle of the state. If anyone wanted to wheel at URE, then I guess we better plan it fast 'cause don't they close on 12/1? If my family was in (not sure we'll be able to), then we'd probably tow the camper down, but that would require getting it back from the dealer rebuilding it. :( So, a lot of ifs, but let's try to get enough interest and start beating down some dates! :thumbsup: If nothing else. I can do a day trip with the grill in the back!

Day trip is all I would do as far as wheeling. Going to the zoo I wouldn't even drive the Expo. Too many kids, not enough seats.:D

Too many kids? How many you got?!

If I can get my stuff straight with my steering box, I'd love to meet up with some of you guys at Uwharrie. Though if I cannot before the time comes, I could make it to the zoo, just not with the Explorer.

Too many kids? How many you got?!

There is Me, my Wife, my Cousin (that I am kind of rasing), My 4 year old son, My two year old son, and my year and half of daughter.:confused:

There is Me, my Wife, my Cousin (that I am kind of rasing), My 4 year old son, My two year old son, and my year and half of daughter.:confused:

Yikes! Sounds like fun.

Well, with all going on here, it might be tough to plan anything this year, but maybe squeeze in something. I should have two weeks off at the end of the year.

Hi

Hi guys I'm in NC, Goldsboro area. My truck is almost roadworthy again and I'll be looking places to wheel too.

I can't do the Uwharrie, (2wd with street tires), but I would be willing to meet at the zoo or in Asheboro. My wife and daughter love the zoo. I just have to wait till after the 1st of the year.

We will make this happen eventually. My truck started chirping again. Hopefully a simple pulley replacement, but not sure when I'll get to it.

Dopler And Everyone Else Out There In Nc

you got stuck.. out by carmike didnt you.. i have been there and also been stuck there.. to the point that i had to get pulled out backwards and bend a comple 90 degrees in the exhaust pipe..

WITH all you guys in NC.. let me know if you have any lifts or tires or leafs that i might be able to get my hands on.. for the MAD ROOKIE HERE

you got stuck.. out by carmike didnt you.. i have been there and also been stuck there.. to the point that i had to get pulled out backwards and bend a comple 90 degrees in the exhaust pipe..

WITH all you guys in NC.. let me know if you have any lifts or tires or leafs that i might be able to get my hands on.. for the MAD ROOKIE HERE

You're not supposed to attach the tow strap to the exhaust. :D

Hahaha! I've been stuck at Carmike also, YEARS ago when I had gotten my first lift and tires; a body lift and 31" Mickey Thompsons.:D

you got stuck.. out by carmike didnt you..

<-----See avatar.

As far as wheeling, we are setting up a run at Tellico. Link is in my sig. I can't make it to the zoo till next year. Christmas is murder.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey yall i havent been on it a long time been busy but check out my pics on my cardomain from my last run at uwharrie

Back