New eyeballs after 14 years | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New eyeballs after 14 years

It was getting pretty interesting driving at night and trying to see things. So I ordered some new headlights off eDevil and bought some new bulbs from Autozone. And since I had everything apart, I sprayed the chrome trim flat black. I haven't driven it yet because I have a terrible swaying problem that I am trying to nail down, but I can't hardly wait to see the difference. The seller I bought the lights from is Makotoautotrends and I am very satisfied with the product. So if anyone decides to do the same, buy from those guys!

Here are a couple before shots:

And some afterwards, with a couple action shots:p:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't think its too shabby for $120 delivered:thumbsup:

Now I just have to get the wobbling situation worked out so I can start driving it and see how much better visibility is:burnout:

They are all shiny!!

I just started another thread on the wobbling. I'm not sure what it is. I've got a whole new bushing kit coming next week, but I have yet to check the balljoints. Thought I am pretty confident they are solid. There are a few other things I have in mind, one of which is the tires and I don't have the dough to test that theory!

I love clears on Explorers
:thumbsup: Very nice.

Thanks guys, I just wish I knew how well they work while driving:p:

so are they brighter or just as bright at stock?

with the orange bulbs are those as bright as well?

looks nice and l like those new headlights u got as well the match ur x a lot .

They look a heck of a lot brighter. I haven't had the chance to drive it yet, but that will be the real test. I also changed the bulbs out with some $50 Sylvania bulbs, don't remember the exact name but I do remember they were pricey:D

The orange bulbs look to be just as bright if not brighter than the stock lights. Its killing me that I can't road test them yet!:(

They look a heck of a lot brighter. I haven't had the chance to drive it yet, but that will be the real test. I also changed the bulbs out with some $50 Sylvania bulbs, don't remember the exact name but I do remember they were pricey:D

The orange bulbs look to be just as bright if not brighter than the stock lights. Its killing me that I can't road test them yet!:(

u probably bought sylvania silverstars... they have a much bluer/whiter appearance and look great on the road... cant wait to see some photos on the road... looks great:thumbsup:

i know all you guys might think im retarted or something but what is eDevil?

Sweet deal! Hopefully that's something I'll be doing in the next few months, I like the clear fronts, but not the backs. I'm just going to tint my rears

Do they light up the road better than the stockers or what? I'm pondering a set for mine.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes, they did help. Though I have to admit it wasn't as much of an improvement as I was expecting, but it definitely is better.

Back