Can I make more nearby roads show on the map when zoomed out? Explorer 2016 Limited latest SD | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can I make more nearby roads show on the map when zoomed out? Explorer 2016 Limited latest SD

robinlanark

Reaction score
City, State
Lanark, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Limited
Hello, I have a 2016 Explorer Limited. I live in a rural area and when I zoom OUT on my map panel to see regional roads for orientation and planning, most of the smaller roads disappear and I cannot see eg. how to navigate TO a regional road from where I am. I understand they don't want it too crowded but the question is if there are any settings for this (eg more, fewer/less roads or road levels)? I cannot find it in my manual. I did a search in this forum and in the entire site and found nothing with "map zoom scale more roads", for example. Thx

It seems that it is working the same as when you pull up Google Maps on the computer.
I have not read anything about the subject in this forum.

Peter

It seems that it is working the same as when you pull up Google Maps on the computer.
I have not read anything about the subject in this forum.

Peter
I'll get a photo of each to be sure (should have done that before) but I guess you're saying you've never heard of making that kind of adjustment to map display settings. Thx

No such adjustmends on the Sync navigation system. One possibility is to run a map app on the phone zoomed out while running the Sync maps close in.

Back