My Explorer with 37" tires - the Project... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My Explorer with 37" tires - the Project...

brunopedra

Reaction score
City, State
São Paulo SP
Year, Model & Trim Level
bruno.pedra@gmail.com
Hey Guys, My name is Bruno and i'm from brazil... (sorry by my english) =)

I will post here modifications of my explorer, that today have this new features...

1994 Ford Explorer 4x4 XLT
Tires Maxxis Creepy 37"
Wheels 15"x10" with bead Locks
Eaton Locker Eletronic
Yukon 4.88 Gears...

And other things...

:)

Hope you enjoy

0%20teste%207.jpg

0%20teste%205.jpg

0%20amostra%203.jpg

0%20cx%20roda%20tra.jpg

0%20relacao%20tra.jpg

0%20amostra1.jpg

Later i will be back with all the informations about this modifications

Thanks and nice to meet you!

Bruno Pedra

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Very nice! Are those the 12.5" wide Crawlers?

Also, is your rear axle re-located towards the back at all? Almost seems like it is in one of the photos.

Also, is your rear axle re-located towards the back at all? Almost seems like it is in one of the photos.

Hey Rick, the rear axle do not re-located, only Body Lift 3" + Suspension Lift 2" and Big Jumel (I dont know if is correct the name on english) on rear.

the rear Fenders Flare was cuted, cuted cuted and cuted :) and front too...

I will take the picture to show...

0%20cx%20roda%20tra.jpg

Nice project, almost looks as if the shackles are longer than most lift shackles too.

Nice project, almost looks as if the shackles are longer than most lift shackles too.

Thanks Glen!, yes i know,on the off road Tracks of Brasil we need the lowest possible center of gravity, and so, this lift is the sufficient to dont fall on my perspective...

Look the first test of the new configuration of explorer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aenR8RrFFM

Thanks for your considerations and i hope learn so much here!

how do u like the 4.88 gears im planning on going with 5.13 gears and 37's.

and yes ur rear shackles seem longer then most ive seen. how long do they messure.

Also another question what kinda backspacing are u running? any wheel spacers?

And to the pic you took for Rick, why not just cut it off flush above the plastic, then you have no worries of rubbing it.

how do u like the 4.88 gears im planning on going with 5.13 gears and 37's.

and yes ur rear shackles seem longer then most ive seen. how long do they messure.

Also another question what kinda backspacing are u running? any wheel spacers?

Hey Cavebed!

The 4.88 gears for me its best option i think, because i'm using the car to travels too...for me 5.13 is too much reduced, what do you think?

I will check how long the shackles are and say to you on few minutes...

TKS!!!!!!!

SICK, just plain SICK!!! Looks great!!!!!!

And welcome to EF:D

Thankyou!!!!!!!!

On Brazil , the auto parts and solutions to ford explorer its so much hard to found, and we need create our solutions =)

Yesterday i saw the suspension solutions of James Duff,very nice, i liked, we dont have nothing like this on brazil!!!! you guys have so much oportunity to sale explorer parts here!

i have the james duff stage 3 5.5 inch suspension lift

How i'm new here , i have Some questions about Explorers and maybe is common to you guys and can clarify for us , here on brazil...

To off Road, with tires larger than 35 the original automatic transmition of explorers A4LD and the terrain of tracks on brasil, this transmission is so much weak and broke easy....

We have on USA one kit to reforce the A4LD?

Whats happens with A4LD ?

Regards!!!!!!!!!!

Or....you can swap in a manual transmission from an 88-90 BII with the 2.9 or 90+Ranger/Explorer manual transmission that is attached to the 4.0

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

=)

Or....you can swap in a manual transmission from an 88-90 BII with the 2.9 or 90+Ranger/Explorer manual transmission that is attached to the 4.0

Hey Glen!

This is my plan B =) i like automatic transmission, but if in brasil we dont have a possible solution probably i will change to a manual transmission....

this automatic transmission gm that our friend posted here using on whats gm car? you know?

Back