• Register Today It's free!

Carb Cleaner

Joes4x4Ranger

Reaction score
City, State
The center of Hell, Parker, Arizona!
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 XLT
Does anyone know where to get the old Berryman's B9 formula carb cleaner???? The stuff I'm looking for came in a White gallon can with a Blue and Red label. The liquid was milky white and would strip the skin off you hands. It had a nasty smell and would make your hands tingle instantly if you did not wear gloves. It was by far the best carb and fuel system soak ever invented. IT WAS AWESOME

All I can find is the **** in the Orange can that is "California Compliant". It sucks!!!!!It simply will not clean carbs like the old stuff. I can drink the fukin junk they sell now, it will not remove varnish and dried old fuel.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does anyone know where to get the old Berryman's B9 formula carb cleaner???? The stuff I'm looking for came in a White gallon can with a Blue and Red label. The liquid was milky white and would strip the skin off you hands. It had a nasty smell and would make your hands tingle instantly if you did not wear gloves. It was by far the best carb and fuel system soak ever invented. IT WAS AWESOME

All I can find is the **** in the Orange can that is "California Compliant". It sucks!!!!!It simply will not clean carbs like the old stuff. I can drink the fukin junk they sell now, it will not remove varnish and dried old fuel.

try this link-
http://www.midwayautosupply.com/p-1...aner-w-ss-basket-34-gallon-net-pail-0996.aspx

Tried them. They have the B9 listed and pictured, but twice sent the new and improved garbage.

The new "Chem-Dip" is what I keep getting.It's a brownish liquid that smells like soapy water, and that is about all it works like. It's in an orangeish can that is labeled "Chem Dip Carburetor and Parts Cleaner" It's junk, fresh gas works better than this junk. I have a carb that is REAL gummed up, it sat in this junk over night and looks like I soaked it in water. Barely melted the surface varnish. The old formula Berryman's B9 would have cleaned this carb with a 1hr soak.

This is what I want
BER-0996.jpg

This is what I keep getting
0996.gif
THIS IS JUNK

I've used that stuff before - its nasty. I think it had a skull and crossbones on the label, LOL.

I haven't seen it for sale for a long time.

I used Seafoam Deep Creep in a spray can to clean up parts when I replaced the head on the Toyota truck. It works pretty well, you might want to try it if you can't find the Berryman stuff.

go to a marina and get some Mercury Power Tune in a spray can, eats anything,
i use it all the time,gets all the gunk out of a carb in no time flat,even the green stuff,

go to a marina and get some Mercury Power Tune in a spray can, eats anything,
i use it all the time,gets all the gunk out of a carb in no time flat,even the green stuff,

Can I get that stuff in a pour can??? I really need to let the stuff soak. The carb has an 1/8" layer of crud on the bottom. No number on plate so getting a new one will be difficult.

I would put the carb in a plastic container and spray it down with alot of the spray , and just let it sit for bit than use a small paint brush to get in there and brush the stuff out and than spray it again, and repeat till it is nice and clean ,
power tune is a very strong solvent, and will dissolve what would be inside the carb,.

Back