Center Console for Ford Explorer Police Interceptor | Page 15 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Center Console for Ford Explorer Police Interceptor

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That is the OEM console offered as a factory installed option on the PI. Its basically a retail console with a different face plate that does not have the shiftier hole.
I also found such a console.
Remake? Is another OEM?

podłokietnik centralka Interceptor.jpg

I also found such a console.
Remake? Is another OEM?

View attachment 426707
That looks like an OEM with the shifter removed.

For those who have 3D printers there are "cup" holders you can print. It's for a 2014 model but you can tweak the dimensions in your slicer accordingly.

Also going to drop These shifter cups here that re-use the clips for the shifter jacket, and replaces the traction control dial with a drop in cup. Free to download, and I think it'll fit a bit better.
Screenshot_20220308-144453.png

What kind of floor mats are you using? Cut to fit? Or made to size?
Here you go, Maxpider. SKU # L1FR03621509 for the rear and L1FR03611509 for the front. I like them, easy to clean and fits well. I got gear oil on the rear panel, and it was able to wash out without it smelling afterwards.. so I'd vouch :thumbsup:

how much do you asking for this console
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
FYI, the member you quoted was last seen here on August 4, 2020. If he was still following the thread, he would not be able to offer it for sale on the forum because only those with an Elite Explorer membership may do so.

Peter

Never mind, I made a blank out of textured plastic to fit the opening. Might add some power outlets to it.

IMG_6127.JPG

Never mind, I made a blank out of textured plastic to fit the opening. Might add some power outlets to it.
While that looks nice and does what you want, there really is no functionality to it as opposed to the 'cup' holder.

Peter

Installed. Just having trouble installing the rear panel on the console with the cup holder. Can't fit it in with that bar in place.

IMG_6138.JPG

wow, best mod on a floor shifter console i've seen!

I don't think it's absolutely necessary but it won't be as secure as it should be without it and may feel loose. I made sure it came with the console when I bought it.

Hi all
Just got a console from local yard.
Have pui 2014 it is must be government level car. no hole no outside light no top sirens etc
But the plug at car dashboard has 12 cable when the plug comes from console has 44 cable lol. How the others make rear ac works and column shift to floor. I showed to body shop they all said NO 😃
There metal brackets at floor not fitting to console but has electronic cards and board on it ?
I give just install cigarette 12v thats it lol. (Even no power at 12v plugs from car ? ) Hard jobs seems to me very hard.
Edit : sunday afternoon gone lol /
-The socket from dashboard for piu was only 14 cable
socket on base sport console has more than 55 counts
- PIU original some cables come off hard to figure out i give try the new console socket
-Well only one of cigarette lighter worked 2 not woprking
all others things like rear ac lights did nt working
-Plugeed the parking sensor. unit straight from new console it is working (now have a spare lol will sell on ebay)
regular fuse box says compartone 1 fuse 9 for all 12v but seems different in this car how find other cigarette cables fuse (one dead after first worked out)
- shifter down to floor seems hard job so i give up on that and removed completly 4 bolt from console (now i have another spare for sell lol)
- Shifter gear hole is there searching how fill it saw some around forum that replaced extra 12v plugs.
will add done image column shifter looks cool to me so no. change at that,
How get power from 6 pin old socket seems black and red all has power want to use for 12v cigarette and one 110v 200w converter )

I GO TO AROUND ALL BUT SEEMS POSSIBLE FOR NEW BEE ALSO JOB ?
Thans for infos from forum,
And those who make all works like rear ac floor shifter etc
Seriously congrats :)

20220820_162228.jpg WhatsApp Image 2022-08-21 at 10.53.21 PM (1).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2022-08-21 at 10.53.21 PM (2).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2022-08-21 at 10.53.21 PM (3).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2022-08-21 at 10.53.21 PM (4).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2022-08-21 at 10.53.21 PM.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

BTW if anyone wants an OEM retail console from a 2015 that was removed at purchase, let me know. I will give mine away for shipping costs. I scavenged a few panels off it, but for the most part its just collecting dust in my garage.
Lol I know this is a stretch but that console still collecting dust?

Back