Center Console for Ford Explorer Police Interceptor | Page 16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Center Console for Ford Explorer Police Interceptor

BTW if anyone wants an OEM retail console from a 2015 that was removed at purchase, let me know. I will give mine away for shipping costs. I scavenged a few panels off it, but for the most part its just collecting dust in my garage.
Is this still available?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That looks like an OEM with the shifter removed.

For those who have 3D printers there are "cup" holders you can print. It's for a 2014 model but you can tweak the dimensions in your slicer accordingly.

how print ? looks complicated to me. ? flies are unknown extensions and download means nothing ?

how print ? looks complicated to me. ? flies are unknown extensions and download means nothing ?
From what I heard, more trouble than they are worth and they look home made. I just went with a piece of textured plastic and added some power outlets.

104.JPG

I only printed the "cup" for the rotary switch. Printing was easy but it did take 8hrs once I got the first layer dialed in. The shifter cup according to the slicing software was 15-18hrs depending on a few factors. I still have to get it printed to see how it fits before I can make any adjustments. Unknown extensions .STL, . OBJ - are known if you have 3D printing software or if you use the 3D object viewer in Win10 or if you use a CAD program you should be able to see the part.

Does anyone know where I can find a stock center console for a 2013 Ford Explorer Police Interceptor. It currently only has a base plate.
I am looking for the console with no shifter being the interceptor has the column shift.
Seems impossible to find. Any help would be appreciated.

2011 2012 2013 Ford Explorer Police Interceptor SUV detectives console. OEM Parts for Sale - DragTimes.com
I have a couple of them but I think there a a couple of different brands.

I have a couple of them but I think there a a couple of different brands.
I just bought a Rampage 39923 minivan console and it fit perfectly over the base plate. Easy install, looks great and is very functional.

I just bought a Rampage 39923 minivan console and it fit perfectly over the base plate. Easy install, looks great and is very functional.
Pictures.......

I researched the aftermarket consoles before getting an OEM one, and they all looked cheap and homemade. If you have a nice truck, don't cheap out (and some of the aftermarket ones aren't cheap) find an original Ford console.

I also bought mine at a scrap yard for $275 CAD.
Fit without issue. I did have to redo some wiring as I was unable to find matching connectors. I added four 12 volt outlets. One on the very back, one inside and two in the front. No issues and works great.
The shift boot was left in, so I sewed it up and now it's holds my aftermarket LED interior light remote.

I also bought mine at a scrap yard for $275 CAD.
Fit without issue. I did have to redo some wiring as I was unable to find matching connectors. I added four 12 volt outlets. One on the very back, one inside and two in the front. No issues and works great.
The shift boot was left in, so I sewed it up and now it's holds my aftermarket LED interior light remote.
I would buy one from a junk yard, but no one has them. For that very reason, they told me it was mostly PIU related center consoles. eBay sells them but the sellers want an absurd amount for it, like $400 dollars for one.

PXL_20230206_033149747.jpg

Here is a photo since people will ask

20230112_054524.jpg
Pulled from a junkyard. Great condition. $105.

Hi Peter,
take a look at my youtube video for adding a pocket where the shifter is. i print these pockets as well.

-Welton
Welcome to the Forum Welton. :wave:
Thanks for posting that video.

Peter

Where did this console come from? I’m trying my best to find one, but none look as good as this!
That's a factory console in the police PIU. 2016ish. With an option. Someone on this forum found one.. but had additional hoke drilled in for lap top mount. Ford parts does not show this cover plate without the gearshift hole. If you can find the good art number on the underside. Please post it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does anyone know where I can find a stock center console for a 2013 Ford Explorer Police Interceptor. It currently only has a base plate.
I am looking for the console with no shifter being the interceptor has the column shift.
Seems impossible to find. Any help would be appreciated.

2011 2012 2013 Ford Explorer Police Interceptor SUV detectives console. OEM Parts for Sale - DragTimes.com
I just bought one for $50 from a regular Explorer and made some modifications,
103.jpg

Back