Chicago Electric Winch

sn0border88

Master Apprentice
Reaction score
City, State
Souderton, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT
Ive wanted a winch forever, but other project take priority. Right now i found one in a harbor freight catalog, amde by chicago electric. Right now im deciding between the 9500 8000 and 5500lb models. What i want to know is has anyone heard anything about these winches, good bad, whatever. 5500 lb model 8000 lb model 9000 lb model

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am not familiar with those winches at all, but you can get pretty good deals on mile marker ones from 4wheel parts. The deals change a lot so you would have to check.

click here

Right now the PE8000 is $500, but you get a free remote. They carry warm winches as well.

I buy some stuff at harbour freight, but their electric stuff (tools) is not the best.

Stay away from Harbor Freight.. Look at the Hp rating on the motors.. They are nothing compared to the ones by Warn/Ramsey/Superwinch.

If you search on ebay, there is a seller that usually has a few 9000lb Mile Marker winches. There have been several people off of this site buy this winch from him. With shipping, it only comes to about 460...not a bad deal at all for a brand new winch. :thumbsup:

Wow you actually found it fast. Good deal. Seems liek ebay stores are the cheapest place to buy these. Cool!

Wow, that is a good deal Brian. I'd definitely rather have a 12k than a 9k if it's only about 80-90 bucks more. :thumbsup:

HAHA!!!!! Look at what it said in that auction for the 12k lb winch!
"Do not use winches to move people" :D Dang it! That was the reason I was buying this thing! :( :p

Cruise Ramsey's website: www.ramsey.com
Find the winch you want, email me: RangerC83@aol.com
And I'll get it for you 30-40% off list. Work gets big discounts.

I have the Harbor Freight 8000lb winch, and it works great!! I've never had any problems with it at all. It isn't really fast, but for what I need it for, I like it! :thumbsup:

A friend of mine has the Harbor Freight winch on his Jeep and it works great. Also, somebody told him it was built by Mile Marker. If you compare the shape of it and the remote design, they are the same.

yes, they are made by MileMarker, labled by Chicago.

Back