Clear Corners & Custom Tails w/ Writeup & Pics | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Clear Corners & Custom Tails w/ Writeup & Pics

full red tail on green car = Xmas is coming

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

AnabolicFrolic,

Where did you get the billet grill from? I like the Ford emblem in the corner, looks cool! Also, did you remove the stock grill? If not, did you paint it black?

Thanks for the info,
Michael

PS: the rear tails look great! I need to wet sand mine because they are kinda cloudy looking. How do you go about doing that. Just wet the sandpaper or what?

Thanks.

that is one tight X! :D

me likes!!

Kelli ;)

i really really like them tailights! I was going to buy some Altezzas off Ebay, but i think i just found a better looking, cheaper alternative. I MIGHT tint them if i get smoked headlight covers. If i do, im going to get totally blacked out head and tailights, to match my Limo tint.

Really nice job, and good writeup. I really like that mod. It looks good.

Tell me about those rims. Those look very awesome. What is there name and size? Where can they be found?

HotDogs

Thanks Guys!

MrDriggan: The billet grill i got off ebay... Commonly refered to on these forums as "the ebay billet grille." Personally i dont really like it all that much. It is cheaply made and simply attatches (via zipties) over the stock grill - kinda tacky. I want to buy a carriage works or Trex or Trenz grille because they look much better and the fit is better because they go in place of the stock grill shell. - And no i didnt paint the stock grill black because my grill is blue from the factory and it hides pretty well behind the billet.

As for wetsanding. You need to buy "wetsanding" paper from your local autoparts store. Get a nice fine grit paper. Then you will soak the sandpaper in water for a few minutes. Then u will sand the painted surface with the wet paper making sure to keep the surface wet for lubrication the entire time. I think instructions on wet-sanding might come on the package of wet-sandpaper.

DroppedKamelion: Altezzas are played out.. get in on the taillight tinting and such before it becomes as played out as altezza tails.

BBQ_HotDogs: They are 20"x8.5" Mondera B-52's. i beleive u can get them at www.superbuytires.com for some rediculously cheap price. I got them im 2002 and they were much more expensive (even though i was gettin a super deal on em at the time). www.monderawheels.com is the manuf. website.

How did you attach the Ford emblem to the front of the grill? And is that the "Ebay" grill that "has more bars than other billet grills" for like $69? I kinda like the looks of it, but if its cheap...I may look else where...

Thanks for your help,
Michael

Originally posted by mdriggan
How did you attach the Ford emblem to the front of the grill? And is that the "Ebay" grill that "has more bars than other billet grills" for like $69? I kinda like the looks of it, but if its cheap...I may look else where...Also, did you have to modify the hood release latch under the hood?

Thanks for your help,
Michael

I'm sure some Goo or that stuff you use to hold on rear view mirrors would probably do the trick. That stuff is strong as sh*t.

I used 3M double sided foam tape to secure the emblem to the grill. Its really stuck on there. It doesnt come off under the force of a pressure washer so it must hold pretty good.

Is your grille the one that advertises that it has more horizontal bars than anyother billet grille on Ebay? I think they sell for like $70?

hey anabolic, did those 20's fit with out any problems? thanks. nice damn ride. real clean look too;)

great write up man and they look awesome on ur x

**ITS AAALIIIVE**
LOL

But to answer your question, Yes one 3oz Can of the Testors Translucent Candy Apple will be anough. You will use most of it, but you shouldnt need 2 cans of the stuff.
You will need more than 3oz of tint spray tho, but i dont reccommend using the testors tint spray; use the automotive taillight tint spray, because it comes in a bigger can, and its designed specifically for this purpose

They are 20"x8.5" Mondera B-52's.

What about the tires? What size tires are you running and what brand? Those look sharp as heck. Congrats on such a nice looking X!!

Back