Climate Control Power Keeps Turning On After I Turn it Off | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Climate Control Power Keeps Turning On After I Turn it Off

YukiValdez

Reaction score
City, State
Detroit, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Explorer Base
I have a 2016 Ford Explorer with the manual climate control system. When I start the vehicle, the manual climate control automatically turns on, even if I shut it off before turning off the engine. When I push the power button to turn it off again, it turns back on after a few seconds. It doesn't want to stay off. Any solutions to this problem?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Did this issue just begin?

Peter

In case it's just some kind of temporary electronic logic glitch, I'd disconnect the battery for a few minutes to see if it makes a difference.

When it comes on by pressing the button, is a button pressing sound produced, I mean through the speaker not a mechanical noise? If so, is the same sound produced when it comes on by itself? If so then I'd guess a flaky button on the control panel and that it is not designed to be repairable... but you could take it off and have a look.

That would be the negative battery cable.

Peter

You could also scan for trouble codes with a scan tool capable of Ford-specific codes, though I'm doubtful if any would be set in a situation like this.

I looked in the '14 workshop manual and saw only troubleshooting for various not-working fault conditions, or A/C always on, not this coming back on, situation.

I assume it's not some per-driver, preset temperature setting and just working properly? How long have you owned it, is the way it is functioning changed since then? I'd also look in the owner's manual for what capabilities it has, but do agree that it seems like if you shut it off, then it should stay off at least on the same driving event.

Back