Connecting dash cam to auto-dimming mirror | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Connecting dash cam to auto-dimming mirror

jhu8

Reaction score
City, State
Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2022 Ford Explorer ST
So in my current cx5 I have tapped into my auto-dimming mirror for powering my dash cam and my dash cam automatically turns on and off whenever I turn my car on/off. I want to switch it over to my now explorer. However, I ended up getting the LDW system package so now it has the camera, and more importantly plastic casing that encloses all the wiring. Anyone know how I can get into that? I am sure they pop off somehow but I don't want to break anything. Anyone know how to do it? thanks!

Using the handy 'Search' feature, I found these that may help. There isn't much here that hasn't already been discussed.
Thinkware F750 front & rear dashcam hardwire install (Ford Explorer 2011-2017)
Radar detector tips/ suggestions?
Hard wiring dash cam in a 2017 XLT question

Peter

I want to connect to the review mirror which people have done. My issue is that I have the windshield mounted camera so now I can't access the wires to the camera. Wondering how I could remove those plastic pieces to get to that. Hoping that someone would have access to a document/pdf that explains how to remove it. I would assume there is a way I just don't want to go yanking on it and break anything.

Back