aftermarket clear front lights? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

aftermarket clear front lights?

You can still get the cheapo no-name fluted (OE style) clear turn signals on ebay for under $20, but the quality isn't that great. They are fine for beaters or if you just like the look. It's the brand name clears that are worth $$$ since they fit like OE lenses and don't have any of the problems the cheapos do.

The "euro crystal" style is still available as well.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There was a full set of the better quality Depo clear turn signals on ebay for $250. That was too much for me but I was able to find the Depo clear side markers by themselves for a decent price. Then for the lower corner signals I got the cheap clear ones.

Great you bought the set I was about to buy... don't you love it when you try to find help with finding an item and it gets bought out from under you because of it...

You can still get the cheapo no-name fluted (OE style) clear turn signals on ebay for under $20,

You got a link that listing..

Never mind I found it is it these

http://www.ebay.com/itm/91-94-Ford-...rd|Model:Explorer&hash=item58bdc5aea0&vxp=mtr

When I did my Bi-Xenon retro into my headlights I needed a clear lens. I to didn't want to spend $250. What i did is cut off the fluted lens on my band saw and glued on a clear acrylic piece onto my light. Worked well enough for my project and didn't cost that much.

Attachments

• DSCN2267.jpg
    DSCN2267.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 162

Well since I can't seem to find another set of the side markers anywhere online I'm thinking about just going with the euro side marker/turn signal sets that are still available and just upgrading the headlights to the euro style later on. (The wife doesn't want me to spend much on the explorer until I sell my truck, since it's a summer vehicle I doubt it will sell until the weather gets warm. But I have a broken turn signal lense and need to replace these now (I slipped on ice with a 4 way in my hand and it smacked the turn signal on my way down... oops. Does anyone know of they are all from the same manufacturer and are just rebranded or if some sell a better quality like DEPO brand or the like and some are cheapo knockoffs. I see sets for as little as 40 bucks for the corners and signals. But I see other sets such as the ones tuners depot sells for 78 bucks for the same set. Are these of a higher quality, or just overpriced and actually the same manufacturer as the cheaper sets?

V65speed do you have any more pics of the retrofitted lights and or more details? Those look great.

V65speed do you have any more pics of the retrofitted lights and or more details? Those look great.

I actually like the amber color or our turnsignal lenses. The side corner reflector that is a non functioning was thinking of getting those Euro clears and just using the upper corner pieces and turn them into functioning LED lights. Since they seem to have a clear lens and a hollow space inside them.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=409076

There was a full set of the better quality Depo clear turn signals on ebay for $250. That was too much for me but I was able to find the Depo clear side markers by themselves for a decent price. Then for the lower corner signals I got the cheap clear ones.

Great you bought the set I was about to buy... don't you love it when you try to find help with finding an item and it gets bought out from under you because of it...

Those clear reflectors on ebay had the word DEPO in the title, but it was obvious from the box they were the cheapo APC brand, and are not DEPO lenses.

DEPO products have the DEPO logo on the lens and "Made in Taiwan" stickers on the back of them.

finally figured it out. Heres my set

DSC_0022.jpg

Back