Conti Mud Track SUCK!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Conti Mud Track SUCK!!

When I put my lift on, I went w/ a package deal from desert rat and got American Eagle 559 rims and 33X12.50R15 Conti Mud Tracks. The rims are excelent, but the tires suck. After only about 5000 miles, 2 of them have gone egg shaped and are about 9 to 12 ounces out of ballance. I can't go over 55 without feeling like I'm driving a blue whale profilactic device. I am only going to buy two tires for now and can't decide between the BFG M/T or the new Explorer Pro-Comps. I have heard nothing but good thing about the Explorers but reputation pushes me towards the BFG's. Any thoughts?!?!

------------------
93XLT-5.5" Super Runner, Super Runner Steering, 1.5" Body lift,33x12.5,
Borla exhaust,KKM air filter, Warn HS9500i winch, Sony deck & 10 disk CD changer w/ 12" sub.

Aren't Continental Mud Tracks manufactured by BFG? There! I rest my case! I'd ask if you could get your money back for "defective" tires, or get some sort of replacement since these tires are so new. The BFG's have 3 ply sidewalls, and I would suspect they aren't too bad.
I ran a set of Sears Trailhandlers for about a year, and I beat the tar out of them. They are now run on my girlfriends Jeep YJ and don't wobble around at all. I had the same problem you explained, so I bought a set of Super Swampers - problem cured.

-Ken
---------------
'94 Ranger XLT

No, I wish they were made by BFG Dead Link Removed They are nade by Generic, I mean General Dead Link Removed The warranty cover the first 2/32nds of an inch of tread ware. I did that pushing them arround the garage.

------------------
93XLT-5.5" Super Runner, Super Runner Steering, 1.5" Body lift,33x12.5,
Borla exhaust,KKM air filter, Warn HS9500i winch, Sony deck & 10 disk CD changer w/ 12" sub.

MAC; buy the new tires local. I've had two sets of BFG's. The first were the M/T's and two of them went "Egg" on me also. However, the A/T's were the best set of tires I've had (45+K miles).

Back