• Register Today It's free!

coolant leak

tammy7798

Reaction score
City, State
salisbury mass
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Mazda B4000
i have a coolant leak back of engine on my 1998 Mazda B4000 any ideas on what it might be someone told me head gasket someone else said intake manifold gasket....and someone else said freeze plug didn't know there was a freeze plug back there hard to tell cause there is no room to really look....someone pleas help

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You may want to hookup a pressure tester to the cooling system and put it under say 15 lbs pressure.You can then crawl under the truck and see where the leak is coming from...

so far no white smoke out tail pipe no anti-freeze in the oil.......it's near the top of the rear of the engine......

Possibly the lower intake manifold...
How bad of a leak, just some drops, or a stream?

a stream i can drive it about 10 miles before i have to refill but right now not taking any chances driving it at all

thanks everyone found out by a mechanic it's the lower intake manifold gasket at the rear of the engine....he's gonna do it for me for $250.00 that's parts and labor....he runs his garage and he's doing mine cheap on his own time....

For a lower intake that's not a bad price to have it done. Good luck with your rig!

Back