mazda B4000 4x4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

mazda B4000 4x4

bonessk01

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 mazda B4000 4x4
Hello I recently purchased a used mazda B4000 4x4 standard trany that has just developed a coolant leak at the back of the motor above bell housing. there is some sort of sending unit at back of intake manifold just above the bell housing and the leak appears to be coming from this area. I can't get a good look because of the cramped area but I was wondering if there could be a frost plug in this area. I'm really hoping its not a head gasket or intake gasket problem. any help would be appreciated

Sohc v6?

If you have the SOHc V6 then your thermostat housing may be leaking and the coolant is flowing thru the engine valley to the rear. Does the rear of your engine look like the one in the following photo?
JPlug1.jpg

coolant leak

My motor which I forgot to put in the original post is a V6 4L I'm not certain but I think mine looks different from the photo you posted, but I'm having a hard time trying to get my mind to compare it to mine since I can't see much of mine. I can't tell if the opening on yours is the same as where the sensor is on mine. On mine that openning would be more to the right side of the engine. I also have not been able to see any liquid running through the valley between head and intake manifold.I believe the thermostat is mounted vertically on the front of my engine

Back