Crack at the rear window panel | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Crack at the rear window panel

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well went to the store today and when i went to open the back door there was that crack that i had read about, i have had my 04 for 7 years and just paid it off, now it will start to fall apart, the more i have it the less i'm not liking ford, i think there trucks are good but for the exploers are junk, or i just bought the wrong year

That was exactly why I traded my '02 Explorer in for a Durango. I'm a Ford man. I have a Shelby GT500 right now, have owned a Mercury Marauder (great car!), numerous Cobras and Mustang Gt's. But my Explorer was the biggest piece of garbage I've ever owned. The rear panel cracked liked everybody elses, the 4.6 V8 blew a spark plug out of the head stranding my wife late one night. The best was listening to the service writer say "We've never heard of that happening before." Yeah, right. That's why it's talked about all over the internet. Once that truck hit 60k miles, things broke at a rate of once a month. Window regulaturs, transfer case banging in & out of
4wd. Glad it's gone.

So is there any aftermarket replacement rear window panels available for the Explorer or does a person need to go through Ford to purchace a replacement panel? Thanks!

To my knowledge its a Ford only part

Back