Cruise Control not working. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cruise Control not working.

ptomas061

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Explorer
Hi I have a 2005 Ford Explorer and the Cruise Control has stopped working. When I try to engage the Cruise Control via the steering wheel switch, the indicator light on the dashboard doesn't turn on and the cruise control doesn't work. I was trying to find the fuse for the Cruise Control, but the manual doesn't list one.

Anyone experience a similar issue?

Welcome aboard!! :salute:

Do a search for "Cruise Control Not Working". There are several threads about it. It is usually the switch mounted at the master cylinder.

Good luck getting it sorted. :biggthump

Highly unlikely its a fuse, because something else would not be working. Check your owners manual for what is on the same fuse.

Start by checking that the cruise module is getting power. Depends on what model you have, some pins have power all the time and some with just ignition on. Usual culprits are the brake pressure switch or the redundant brake pedal switch. Could be multiple other things though. But if you track it down with a schematic, it should be easy to find. Mine turned out to be a broken wire on the redundant brake pedal switch plug.

Back