• Register Today It's free!

crusie control buttons

brownbagg

Reaction score
City, State
grand bay, al
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 xlt
i replace my cruise control button today, Fifthteen minutes, yea, if somebody told me the wires unplug from the button maybe.

But anyway, I have never used the cruise control before. How doe it work. do you turn it on and then hit set or do you hold down. How do you know if its on, does it light up? Just stupid question but I have never had cruise before.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I usually hit "on" then "set." I don't remember what the manual says. As for the lights, I have a 2000 XLS and only the on/off buttons light up. I don't know if that's normal as I bought the truck used. Hope that helps.

the buttons should both light up, but few last more than a few years. There are threads about replacing bulbs and stuff...

If you tap the "set accel" button after set, it will go up 1 MPH, and if you tap the 'coast' button it will drop 1 MPH for fine adjustment...

If you really want to scare someone, set the cruise, cross your legs and push and hold the "set accel" button and watch your truck take off seemingly on it's own. Ha ha!

When you hit the set button, a light on your dash near the right side by your oil pressure gauge should light up. I think it says speed control. Also, you will know if its on if your truck stays at the same speed when you let off the gas.

Here you go, yelir...

CLICK

Back