deuce07

Reaction score
City, State
hawaii
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 xlt v8 ironman
i been meaning to do this..

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247220

for my LED turn signals, i never really got around to asking you 4gen owners about it.

i'll tell you what i've done, ive looked underneath the driver side to look for that piece and under my hood (but the peices under the hood are nearly or are the same ones.)

couldn't find them.. anyone found them? where? and which one did u order?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I too was wondering about the resistors. Don't want to leave the lid off the fuse box. So that sounds like a better an cheaper fix. So where and what do I need? I would like to keep the bulbs in but that fast blink and the warning lights on is killing me.

STU

Ok where in the world is the flasher on a 2008 Mounty/X. I here it sounds like it is behind the speedo. Is that where it is. I thought it would be in a fuse panel. But I check both and no sound from the boxes. So any help guys?

STU

if someone figured out where it is, where to buy the molecule, i am willing to pay someone 10 dollars via paypal to get me thru the whole thing of switching mines out.

Ok where in the world is the flasher on a 2008 Mounty/X. I here it sounds like it is behind the speedo. Is that where it is. I thought it would be in a fuse panel. But I check both and no sound from the boxes. So any help guys?

STU

not sure if it would make sense for them to put the flasher behind the speedo where we can't access it.. lol (pray i am right)

not sure if it would make sense for them to put the flasher behind the speedo where we can't access it.. lol (pray i am right)

LOL nothing makes sense on Explorers....havent you learned that yet :p:

The easy logical way was never even considered, they wanted to make everything impossible to get to without dis-assembling half the truck haha.

LOL nothing makes sense on Explorers....havent you learned that yet :p:

The easy logical way was never even considered, they wanted to make everything impossible to get to without dis-assembling half the truck haha.

that totally sucks. i am slowly learning about things about my truck.. :(

I still ain't found the dang thing. On my 02 it is on the back side of the under the dash fuse panel. But on the 08 it doesn't show to have stuff on the back side of the panel. I am sitll in the hunt. i hate to take the dash apart. But that may be a project for saturday. But the resistors are seeming more and more tempting. But one flasher will fix the whoe light problem front and back i will have to put res. on each light total of 4 so the flasher is a better option. So BTW anyone willing to say where they put their resistors, you can't mount them to plastic due to heat so did you stick them to the body behind the light or what. About the being a pain to work on, that is soooo true isn't it?

STU

I took my dash apart on my 2006 Explorer Limited looking for the damn signal relay because i too was under the impression that ALL signal relays make that clicking noise so i followed my ears but guess what??? There's a tiny speaker attached to the back of the instrument cluster that makes that clicking sound,it's the same tiny speaker that chimes when the door is open or when the key is left in the ignition, so it seems that the signal flasher relay we're looking for is silent. Does anybody know where its located?

The 4th gen flasher is an electrical flasher built into the Smart Junction Box. (SJB) no fix for hyper flash except resistors.

Back