custom flamed headliner???

expo5.0

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Red Wing, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 xlt
well its coming... but its come down to choosing between the following choices.

1. i can buy a new headliner kit in black (to match my carpet kit) and do the foam molded flames thing. this will cost 50 for the kit plus the cost of foam and it will be a lot of work to cut out the flames in the foam and to unglue/reglue the carpet crap to the headliner etc.

2. i could just remove the stock headliner and tape off a flamed design and then paint black flames onto the headliner... it would be all black at the front of the truck and work to all green at the far rear. this would make things a lot easier and it might look really good too. what do you think?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'd say #1. The three dimensional flames would look cooler than painted ones. :D

I agree w/section525, go with #1. It would look much better.

darn you guys! its just so much harder to go that route

sorry drew, im gonna have to go with door #1 also.

option 1... times two.. one for me please.. :D

If you do #2, I'm gonna come over there and do #2 in your truck.

alright, alright, i'll do number 1.

i just don't know when i'm gonna find the time, i have no access to tools or a garage or anything right now and i probably won't until school gets out in like six months. i'm going crazy with all the mods that i have planned to do, and honestly this one is at the back of the list so if i could figure out how to save time here it would help me.

bah! it could have looked cool, lol. and saved me sooooo much work.

no i'm wondering if i should combine the two ideas... maybe if i molded the flames i could also add some painted accents- maybe just at the tip of the flames, or outlining the flames. i'm not sure if thats a good idea yet though

Originally posted by expo5.0
bah! it could have looked cool, lol. and saved me sooooo much work.

no i'm wondering if i should combine the two ideas... maybe if i molded the flames i could also add some painted accents- maybe just at the tip of the flames, or outlining the flames. i'm not sure if thats a good idea yet though
That could be cool. :thumbsup:

all those late night arguments on show cars has corrupted me drew, because #2 doesnt sound bad to me either.

Can you reuse the green headliner once you take it out? Cuz if you can, just take ur current headliner out, do the flames out of foam, then put it back in, and paint the 3d flames black. That to me sounds like the best option of anything ive heard....

or just paint the flames on the green headliner anyway like option number 2, and if it sucks, then order a black headliner and redo it....nothing harmed there 'cept maybe you wasted a little time, but hey at least you got practice and already have a design for the flames you want...

This isn't something I would half-ass Drew, wait a few months and do it on the black headliner.

Back