• Register Today It's free!

CV Axle help needed

Normanator

Reaction score
City, State
Polson, MT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT 4wd
2012 XLT 3.5L AWD, with factory tow package (5k lb, class 3 hitch, VIN confirmed)
I am replacing my front CV axles and I am finding that even when I look up the FoMoCo part number (BB53-3B437-DE), sites will list it as with tow package, but specifically state without 4wd/AWD. Then there are all the aftermarket ones that only list without tow package...
Mine has 27 splines on the input shaft, like all the others state they have (regardless of AWD, tow package, or not), so I am really trying to figure out what, if any, difference there really is, or if it is just manufacturers not building something as heavy duty, etc.
Some places list a different part number, which I'm sure is probably a replacement number since the original is 12 years old by now, but even FordPartsGiant lists the part number as LESS trailer towing (see below), so I am now soaking wet (of course the wind started to blow rain sideways halfway through, soaking the carport), and thoroughly confused at this point and appreciate any help from those who have replaced these!

2012 XLT 3.5L AWD, with factory tow package (5k lb, class 3 hitch, VIN confirmed)
I am replacing my front CV axles and I am finding that even when I look up the FoMoCo part number (BB53-3B437-DE), sites will list it as with tow package, but specifically state without 4wd/AWD. Then there are all the aftermarket ones that only list without tow package...
Mine has 27 splines on the input shaft, like all the others state they have (regardless of AWD, tow package, or not), so I am really trying to figure out what, if any, difference there really is, or if it is just manufacturers not building something as heavy duty, etc.
Some places list a different part number, which I'm sure is probably a replacement number since the original is 12 years old by now, but even FordPartsGiant lists the part number as LESS trailer towing (see below), so I am now soaking wet (of course the wind started to blow rain sideways halfway through, soaking the carport), and thoroughly confused at this point and appreciate any help from those who have replaced these!

It's probably the correct part. I'd order as long as the place has a good return policy in case it's not.

Back