Damage to passenger front and rear doors | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Damage to passenger front and rear doors

tbledsoe

Reaction score
City, State
Cashion, OK
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer XLT 2wd
I was hit today by an older man backing out of his driveway. Fortunately he sustained no damage because his tow hitch got me, but I have damage to both doors.

Just trying to figure out ~typical~ costs of repairs for something like this? Since it’s an older model (2016) I’m not sure if I should prepare for it to be totaled out or just have a lengthy repair time, since I know lots of places are still seeing delays due to COVID.

I’ve attached some pics of said damage.

IMG_7351.jpeg

IMG_7352.jpeg

IMG_7353.jpeg

IMG_7354.jpeg

IMG_7344.jpeg

I was hit today by an older man backing out of his driveway. Fortunately he sustained no damage because his tow hitch got me, but I have damage to both doors.

Just trying to figure out ~typical~ costs of repairs for something like this? Since it’s an older model (2016) I’m not sure if I should prepare for it to be totaled out or just have a lengthy repair time, since I know lots of places are still seeing delays due to COVID.

I’ve attached some pics of said damage.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I'm not a body repair person but I doubt that kind of damage would be considered a total loss. I would think a body repair shop should be able to repair it but can't say for sure. Take it into one of your choice and see what they say. I'm guessing his insurance will cover it?

Peter

Worst case scenario is they replace 2 doors and respray them. Unless your car has 150k+ miles it should be "fair condition" valued around $9000. They will only total car out if damage exceeds this value

Back