dana 44 ttb out of bronco

wes8517

Reaction score
City, State
saginaw, texas suburb of fort worth
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 toyota tundra
hey guys,

well i am lookin at gettin myself a vehicle just for wheelin, and right now my pick is a 91 explorer. i have looked at a lot of options for the ttb, cause i want to retain it for the high speed stuff, and i want to upgrade it. my question is, is it possible to fit the 44 ttb in the stock location with some modification? the extra width would be awesome in the whoops, and i could follow that up with a fullsize 9 inch in the rear. the reason i need to upgrade is that i am going to try to eventually get 350 horses out of the 4.0 6 by adding a turbo and a bunch of other mods! so is it possible? without completly replacing portions of the frame? this sounds like my solution if it will work, and it would be one of the only ones like it i bet!

wes

why not just beef up the d35? there are several places that make cut and turned beams that will also widen them....... look at paul brehofts ride! his is awesome!!!!

A turbo adds a lot more horsepower than torque. If you have auto hubs you might swap them, but otherwise, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

well, the dana 35 can be built up, but under my right fot i dont know if it would hold up! i am lookin at the geometry specs to see if it would be possible to put in the dana 44 ttb beams, the dana 35 is just too small IMHO. thanks for the input on the turbo, i have a friend that does custom turbo setups, and i love the quality and increase in power, plus i get it for a decent price, that is the reason i am goin in that direction.

wes

Back