dang I broke two in one day

jrgaylor

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
1985 BroncoII
I had the explorer out for one last run before I start the SAS so myself and a friend headed for Elbe hills 4X4 park
I was about a 1/4 mile into the mainline trail near the top of the clearcut when my Left locking hub scattered on me so we turned around and started heading home and at the bottom of the clear cut we pulled off the trail to let a couple people pass and when I turned myself around to get back on the the trail BANG the right side locking hub went.
It is good that this happend before we got close to the busy wild.
Monday I will see if Les Schwabs will exchange them under warranty, when the first one went I was going up hill and not under much stress and the second one was well.. I was on the skinny pedal some.
so I put extra wheel bearing grease on the spindle nuts to keep the bearings happy and free from dirt for the 50 mile trip home.

Attachments

• IM001066.JPG
    IM001066.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 332
  • IM001067.JPG
    IM001067.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 350

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Double dang. You did that to Warn's? :eek:

I suppose when the first one went, the stress of both wheels was on the other one, since you're locked in front? :rolleyes:

She knows what's coming and doesn't want to play until she gits it! :D

Git er dun :cool:

I have to wait 10 days before my guy will have time to setup my stuff.
If Schwabs does exchange them under warranty I will have a new set of hubs for sell :thumbsup:

Schwabs exchanged them.

Attachments

• IM001068.JPG
    IM001068.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 285

no trail spare? What are you thinking :) hahaha

Oh ya I got a dumb look from my friend, when I told him Ileft the spare at home :D

i would really like to know what is the best kind of lockout to use i broke my stock ones in like two minutes one rut and snap i knew it would happen but i thought i could get away with it for a few hours

Warn manual hubs are the best made for the dana 35 TTB

410Fortune said:
Warn manual hubs are the best made for the dana 35 TTB

Yeah, what he said. :thumbsup:

can any body tell me what spline my rear axle is it ai a 91 explorer 8.8 just dont know what spline it is need to know gonna buy mini spool good idea or not

SOCO69 said:
can any body tell me what spline my rear axle is it ai a 91 explorer 8.8 just dont know what spline it is need to know gonna buy mini spool good idea or not

31 spline

thanks for the info

Back