1120619.jpg

The Slabs; Kingsland, TX

11206faa962c8_orig.jpg

Barnwell Mountain Recreational Area; near Gilmer, TX

Stock Info:
  • 4.0 OHV V6, 155hp
  • 3.55:1 gear ratio, open diffs
  • 235/75R15 Tires
  • Black/Tan two-tone paint (Eddie Bauer Scheme)
  • Push-Button 4x4
  • Factory Skid plates
Things done to it:
  • Suspension
    5.5" suspension lift (SOA in the Rear)
    Front/Rear Rancho 9000s (fronts on James Duff hoops)
    removed anti-sway bars
  • Drivetrain
    15x8 black steel wheels
    33x12.5 ProComp X-Terrains
    Rear Powertrax Lockright locker
    Extended Breather tubes
    Warn Manual Hubs
    Manual T-Case conversion (BW 13-54)
  • Computer
    Apten Chip
  • Intake/Exhaust
    Flowmaster
    Granatelli MAS
    KKM Air Intake Kit
  • Recovery
    Tow hooks (Black) - Front
    Class III hitch
  • Lighting
    two lights on the front bumper
  • Cooling/Gauges
    Autometer transmission temp gauge
    Second tranny cooler to help with cooling
  • Misc.
    Billet Rear View Mirror
    Clear Front Corners
    Grant Steering Wheel
    V-Tech Taillight Covers
    Vent Visor things
    Lined bumpers, rockers, over the wheels
Communications
  • Cobra 29 WX/NW/ST CB radio
  • K-30 mag mount antenna
Audio:
  • Pioneer DEH-P7400MP CD/MP3 Player
  • Infinity 5x7 2-way door speakers
  • Crossfire 12" dual voice coil sub
  • old Earthquake 250w AMP
Things I'm thinking about:
  • 4.10 or 4.56 gears
  • Front locker (preferably selectable)
  • Dual Battery setup
  • Cooling fan(s) in front (or behind) the tranny coolers
  • Hi output alternator
  • Extended radius arms
  • Rear disk brake conversion
  • tint that doesn't looks like ass
  • Other stuff here and there =)

There ya go!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks! :)

Ok well, just thought I'd add an update:

1) I've had an old bumper sitting in a shed for a while, got bored and decided to paint it. The first time I didn't prep it, was screwed up before I finished. So then I added primer to the mix, painted and clear coated it. Put it on yesterday, hoping it holds up alright.

2) I decided to go ahead and add a couple of tow hooks to the front

3) After becoming a member here, and reading all the info here, I'm leaning more and more to the side of off-roading this thing, so I gotta build it up. So I'm waiting for a manual t-case to get in so I can have a working 4x4 again (don't want to mess with the push-button anymore)... Any tips would be appreciated.. Yes, I'm gonna lock it and get new gears eventually.. Dang, money is a b!tch...

4) Adding to the bored thing, and after reading about people changing their interiors, I couldn't resist. Right now I've got one door painted, the console, and the dash bezel thing too.. Gonna see how these hold up (so far so good!) Thinking about dying it though just to make sure it holds up

5) Waiting on some rock crawlers, then gonna save up for tires for them

I don't have any new pics yet, but I'll get some up sometime soon I hope. I just thought I'd thank everyone here for being the good/bad influences you all are and for helping me to spend even more money on the X.. :)

sounds like a good plan

that thing looks mean! i really like it.

Well thank you :)

Hey, your sig says custom interior paint. Did you use paint with a primer, dye or what? I curious because I'm playing around with my interior right now.. And how well is it holding up?

in my interior i used dupont vinyl and fabric paint. it came in a spray can. i just did the carpet on the doors. heres a pic of mine: Dead Link Removed there is a thread about it around here somwhere, but if youve got any questions feel free to ask me. oh, when you get your rock crawlers, will you be interested in selling your current rims?

Dead Link Removed

I think I used the same stuff for the interior as you did.. And yeah, I'll sell the wheels if you want them, but I've gotta get tires for the "new" rock crawlers.. I'll let you know when I do

awesome, thanks. i just want somthing nice looking thats different than stock.

Updated Pics!

Finally got some pics of recent changes: here's the link

Looks great, is the 5.5 lift all you have on right now? That is the kit I will probably end up with, just curious if that is all the lift to put those xterrains on.

Yup, only 5.5". You may or may not have to do minor trimming.. When I still had the valence on the bumper, I had to trim that

Questions

Where did u get that gauge cluster mod i have been lookin for one for my '92 XLT and where did u get the headunit from did u have to do any mods to fit it because from what i have read the area for the unit in both our trucks only fits certain models and is a smaller list then anything else i think it is a "U" fit and is there anything else i should know about special needs for mods since our trucks are of like the same model.....

Gauges - Procarparts.com or eBay (got mine from eBay but they're the Procarparts ones)

Stereo - Only minor trimming to the edges of the dash hole to fit the mounting bracket.....

So hows it goin jello ??
well i never stopped by and told u that ur truck looks bad@$$.. i really like it ! i want my truck to look like urs soon just gotta get some money..

ok im out
peace

PS::: stop throwing batteries at me ( hope u know wut im talkin bout )the AA's really hurt!! lmao

well thank you.. :afro: but I'm still working on it.. Ugg... Anyway: hehe... maybe I'll try D's or something... :p

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes I do.. I'm considering the Gilmer run in Feb. if I get the manual t-case finally squared away... :crosses fingers:

Back