dejello registering ye old X | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

dejello registering ye old X

fo sheezy

Info
Year: 1991
Model: Explorer EB 4x4
City/State: Bryan/TX
E-Mail: dejello@explorerforum.com E-mail me if you want

A couple of pics:
1120619.jpg

The Slabs; Kingsland, TX

11206faa962c8_orig.jpg

Barnwell Mountain Recreational Area; near Gilmer, TX

Stock Info:
  • 4.0 OHV V6, 155hp
  • 3.55:1 gear ratio, open diffs
  • 235/75R15 Tires
  • Black/Tan two-tone paint (Eddie Bauer Scheme)
  • Push-Button 4x4
  • Factory Skid plates
Things done to it:
  • Suspension
    5.5" suspension lift (SOA in the Rear)
    Front/Rear Rancho 9000s (fronts on James Duff hoops)
    removed anti-sway bars
  • Drivetrain
    15x8 black steel wheels
    33x12.5 ProComp X-Terrains
    Rear Powertrax Lockright locker
    Extended Breather tubes
    Warn Manual Hubs
    Manual T-Case conversion (BW 13-54)
  • Computer
    Apten Chip
  • Intake/Exhaust
    Flowmaster
    Granatelli MAS
    KKM Air Intake Kit
  • Recovery
    Tow hooks (Black) - Front
    Class III hitch
  • Lighting
    two lights on the front bumper
  • Cooling/Gauges
    Autometer transmission temp gauge
    Second tranny cooler to help with cooling
  • Misc.
    Billet Rear View Mirror
    Clear Front Corners
    Grant Steering Wheel
    V-Tech Taillight Covers
    Vent Visor things
    Lined bumpers, rockers, over the wheels
Communications
  • Cobra 29 WX/NW/ST CB radio
  • K-30 mag mount antenna
Audio:
  • Pioneer DEH-P7400MP CD/MP3 Player
  • Infinity 5x7 2-way door speakers
  • Crossfire 12" dual voice coil sub
  • old Earthquake 250w AMP
Things I'm thinking about:
  • 4.10 or 4.56 gears
  • Front locker (preferably selectable)
  • Dual Battery setup
  • Cooling fan(s) in front (or behind) the tranny coolers
  • Hi output alternator
  • Extended radius arms
  • Rear disk brake conversion
  • tint that doesn't looks like ass
  • Other stuff here and there =)

There ya go!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks good Dejello. We have to meet up sometime when it gets warmer to go play mess around with the Explorers.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ah yes, teamwork! (quote from Adam Sandler - The Goat Song)

I'm getting itchy for the offroad stuff

paint job

where did u get the paint job and how much did it cost what type is it blah blah blah.........

Paint job? I painted the bumpers myself, and put some "cheap-ass-will-need-to-use-better-stuff" bedliner on the body..

Headunit

My man just dropped me a JVC KD LX-3 which can hold me over til i do my thang with this truck.....wiring for stereos in truck is diff then in cars isn't it.....i thought it was with my blazer and he had it hooked up in a 89 civic so i am hoping it should be ok.....any ideas or help....

All I can say is search.. This is the first stereo I've installed myself, and it had a harness (i just soldered the wires together)

that's a real nice lookin' X, dejello...i can relate to the paint thing, my eddie was black/tan but this sunday all the tan went away to black with the help of a little cheap spray courtesy of yours truly, and for something spur of the moment, doesn't look bad at all. i know i'm cheap too :rolleyes: but i think they look sweet like yours does, now to just get some black tint!

Yeah, I didn't like the tan for the longest time... but I think with the current setup it'd look fine... but oh well, some areas needed some touching up :)

hmm... tint... i've had some sitting in the garage for a while now... guess i should put that on :p bah

did you buy some of that do-it yourself stuff? i was thinking about doing that, but i wasn't sure how it would turn out.

For the tint? Yeah, got everything from O'Reilly's.. I'd think it'd turn out just fine if you do it right... Guess I'll find out eventually :)

how much did the manual t case cost you???? my 4 by doesn't work and i'm not to thrilled w/f****** w/it.

I ended up getting it for $400 shipped (including the shifter and linkage) from a yard in Tennessee.. Don't remember the name of the place, nice people there though.. If you want to, try using www.junkyarddog.com, that's how I got mine

Is your's a manual tranny as well, because mine is and i wonder if i'll have room for another shifter?

Nope, I've got an auto tranny.. But you'll still have room... They make transmission hump plates with holes for both shifters in them :)

Back