did it again | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

did it again

well, guess i can't avoid my 3 wheel action. second time doing this, but this time a little worse. only this time two wheels were off the ground and spinning while in gear. some bending and scraping of the running boards, but luckily the frame hit the ground nicely so not too much damage.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

All that road and you couldn't make it arround that hole?

Oh well, I guess that wouldn't have been any fun:D

yeah...

"do as I say, not as I do..."

bring it on TarHeel!

yeah that would be the only thing, id have to get my parents to go with me cause there gay. they wont let me go by myself. ill try an set somethin up later on in the week (BIG MAYBE!) or wait till my mom gets a new car. then id be able to come down there.

"I take the road less travelled"
-you know who it's from

Funny thing...

that was the main road???

This guy took the road less traveled!

who's infamous black truck is in the background of the second picture?? hmmmm.....

Oh yeah buddy I'm looking forward to going 'wheelin with you guys.

yup. all you nc and sc guys need to come out. there are some descent wheeling places. i'm trying to find some trails on hunting land owned by people i know. still trying to get that together.

OUCH!:eek:

that sucks. i bet there were plenty of four letter words coming out of your mouth (and i'm not talking about ouch)

Doh!
Looks like the brush guard did a nice job at saving the front end.

Keep me informed of any wheeling in NC. I'd try to make it sometime.

yup. brushguard did save my butt monkey boy very nicely. paid for itself in that oops compared to the repair bill of a front bumper. plenty of wheeling in nc. found another trail that i'm going to check out this weekend. leenjen, actually just one four letter word came from my mouth. then i was thinking about how big of a dumbass i was the rest of the time.

hey blue steel???

:shoot:
Hey BLUE STEEL....I have the exact same X as you except for the shackle/TT lift. Since we both have the same grille guard on the front I was wondering how much lift you actually got in the front with that torsion twist. Does it hang in the front more than normal because of the grille guard. So how much lift did you actually get in the front do you think?? Also is there any rubbin in the wheel wells with the TT and 31's??

I plan on getting the Shackle/TT and 3" Body and running 33x12.5" BFG Mud-Terrains.

Also, with just the TT/Shackle & 31's how does your 2WD handle offroading.

dossler, all i did for the torsion twist was twist it 2", regardless of if the brush guard was there or not. it settled to 1 1/2" then i twisted again until the final settled height was 2". the shackles did 1 3/4 inches and then the add a leaf was 1/2-1/3 inch, so the rear is a little heigher than the front. the 31" tires have no rubbing whatsoever, even with full compression. funny you should mention 2wd offroading, because friday night i went out and my four wheel drive is busted, so i went 2wd in mud and sand. the all terrains handle super well when i aired em down to 20psi. went through stuff i didn't think i could make. unfortunately, my front bumper didn't like the experience, and my piaa fog lights got busted up and the bottom plastic air damn is not there anymore. yet again the brush guard saved my front end. also the front hitch that i have is super tough and yanking people out and getting yanked out myself. great tow point. hope that helps you out. if not, ask away

:shoot:

BLUE STEEL??

Hey with the 2.5" in the back and the 2" in the front....does it look wierd having that half-inch of difference of not?? I'm just wondering cuz if you can tell a huge difference in the from the front & back I wasn't gonna get it, but if it looks good then I'll go ahead and get the leaf springs as well to give me a little bit more clearance for my 33x12.5's. Also cuz my leaf springs are looking like **** right now. Do you think it is real bad if one of the little round discs in between each leaf spring has come completely out?? Or is it really anything to even worry about??

Oh ya...when I do the TT/Shackle I lift the frame of the X up right and not the axle??

Thanks for all your help...I got the shackle's today and plan on putting them on this week and borrowing my friends 31x10.5's for the weekend. :fire:

Good thing there wasn't any water in that hole.

Inside joke...sorry.....

yup, you want to lift the frame up and not the axle. the rear end is slightly noticably higher than the front, but i think it looks pretty sweet. also, i haul around 350lb worth of speakers and music equipment for gigs with my band, so i like the extra load capacity the add a leafs give me so i don't sag too much. just make sure you install the shackles the right way up, and don't over tighten like i did (had too much fun with air gun... can't get the bolts off now unless i cut, but i'm not too worried). the torsion twist and shackle mod is pretty straightforward. the add a leaf is a little more complicated. also get some lube for your leaf packet and lube those up good while you're down there undoing the whole packet. stops the rear squaks nicely.

2001expsport
haha!!! i see you like holes filled with water (your whoops). i just like cutting across streams with big holes that make your engine almost stall out and water flows over your hood when you hit the hole :) ask lowdpypes on the boards. he can tell you how to stall a truck really nicely.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back