• Register Today It's free!

different seats?

best X

Reaction score
City, State
IRB florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 SPORT
so I believe i saw it on here some where about different seats for 2nd gen explorers. I have the UGLY cloth seats and really want some leather ones i was wondering if i have to use 2nd gen explorer seats or if there was a similar seat that would work. I have a sport so the back seat only fits 2 and folds down.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you really want to have some nice front seats, see if you can find some Aviator seats that are heated and cooled. The problem will be getting the switches mounted and operating as they are located on the door panel on an Aviator. Navigator seat switches are on the seat themselves. It's a ton of work, but those sure are nice seats when you are done. I have no idea if they will bolt directly to the existing seat mounts. But if they won't, you should be able to properly mount them with some careful consideration. Just make sure you weld everything if necessary and use the factory mounting holes. I've done one set in a 3rd gen. I can't wait to find another set and try it in a 2nd gen. I am also going to see if Navigator seats will fit.

i should ask my friend chad his dad. His dad drives a 97 lincoln navigator and he was getting rid of all the seats. They are not black though they are like a beige and tan color.

I'll call him up and see if his dad is still selling them but no promises.

Any seat from a 4dr. will not lean forward enough to access anything in the rear of a sport. I do know Ranger seats will bolt in but the tracks are offset slightly toward the middle. Your best bet is going to be to either recover your existing seats or find some from an EB Sport.

i should ask my friend chad his dad. His dad drives a 97 lincoln navigator and he was getting rid of all the seats. They are not black though they are like a beige and tan color.

I'll call him up and see if his dad is still selling them but no promises.

I'm almost certain those seats won't be cooled. I can't remember what year they started that, but it was after 97 I'm sure. But they are still very nice seats. And that color would be perfect for me! Just to be sure though, I'll see what year they started with cooled seats.

best x...remember...you may very well be able to mount a new seat to your existing seat frame.

Any seat from a 4dr. will not lean forward enough to access anything in the rear of a sport. I do know Ranger seats will bolt in but the tracks are offset slightly toward the middle. Your best bet is going to be to either recover your existing seats or find some from an EB Sport.

My original 4 door fronts seats leaned as far forward as my old Sport's. You'd need to sway tracks for the passenger seat. '02+ Explorer/Mountaineer/Aviator seats will not work without extensive modification.

Back