Another OHV M90 build | Page 44 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Another OHV M90 build

2000 OHV + rpcaster + henson performance = another supercharged 4.0 ohv Explorer

I have goodies from James already (New MAF, 36lb injectors, wideband O2 for tuning)

Here's what came from Ron (Also a fuel pressure gauge and boost/vacuum gauge)

Attachments

• rpcaster.jpg
    rpcaster.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 3,592

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The heads will be a separate issue, and cost. Ill take them in as soon as my motor comes out. I might even pull them with the motor still in, it depends on Tims schedule.
Id be able to install the heads from the donor motor for pulling the engine out of my truck.

Once the heads are out, I'll take them to the machine shop for the new 988 valve springs, and to have them vacuum tested again to make sure all the valves are sealing nice and tight.

re-tune? James said 'no problem, whenever your ready send me a log'

Cool deal!moving right along!cant remember but did you do headers when you did all that exhaust work?if not now would be a good time;)

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

No, no headers. I keep watching for a deal on a set that fit my truck. Nothing yet

For the balancer bolt, I took this from XEEKS build thread, but cant find the part number on fordparts.
"Part 6A340 on Fordparts.com"

Im thinking I might use the one off my truck. I never did torque it down properly on my camshaft change(I replaced it at that point with the only new bolt in the city). Im betting i never did tighten it enough to stretch it.

No, no headers. I keep watching for a deal on a set that fit my truck. Nothing yet

You could get a cheap old set from pacesetter and do the ceramic paint yourself.thats what i did.also when you go to break the motor in i would suggest putting the biggest pulley for the sc on or rigging the air bypass half open till the rings set.definitely don't wanna be boosting during break in.

For the balancer bolt, I took this from XEEKS build thread, but cant find the part number on fordparts.
"Part 6A340 on Fordparts.com"

Im thinking I might use the one off my truck. I never did torque it down properly on my camshaft change(I replaced it at that point with the only new bolt in the city). Im betting i never did tighten it enough to stretch it.

Its dirt cheap and you need to replace it.its the crankshaft pulley bolt,i don't know why you would have mess with it during the cam.type it into Google and a bunch of hits will come up.pretty sure its the same bolt as the 302.

cause you have to remove the bolt to take off the crank pulley to get the timing cover off to remove the cam! durrr

glad you found it. i tried looking while at work after i posted and didnt see it. someone paid like $8 for theirs, and i think i paid $13. they had it in stock and the guy was confused as to why lol. unless like jd said it works on a 302, then i understand why they had one lol

deff get some headers for it. pacesetters are cheap. the y-pipe alone for the jba's is the cost of a brand new set of pacesetters. and its not even coated/stainless!

don. we will yank the motor and heads out in one shot. easier that way. just let me know when around you want to do it, and i can see if i have anything planed. other then building the one part on my shed, not much going on

cause you have to remove the bolt to take off the crank pulley to get the timing cover off to remove the cam! durrr

glad you found it. i tried looking while at work after i posted and didnt see it. someone paid like $8 for theirs, and i think i paid $13. they had it in stock and the guy was confused as to why lol. unless like jd said it works on a 302, then i understand why they had one lol

s !

O yea!!lol :banghead:

Rods caps had a difference of 5 grams. They are now all 133 grams
Rods had 6 grams difference. They are now all 383 grams.

Took about an hour with my new $10.00 kitchen scale. Super easy to do. You can see it exactly where the bob weights are to remove material from

I'll quit being a cheep a$$ and buy a bolt. I think this is the full part number.
e7ry-6a340-b

ARP makes one also: ARP 156-2501 Its $30.00, but re-usable. I'll be going the cheep route.

call keystone tomorrow and give them that number and see what they say. if you do it before 11 am, and if they or fast parts (winnipegs warehouse, i miss working there) they will have it the next day.

I just texted a friend that works at Fast Parts the part number. I don't like to bother him with stuff, as it seems the only time I speak to him is when I need a part. Its just that the fast parts warehouse is a 5 minute walk from my office. Its just so convenient to go pick stuff up.

My last crankshaft bolt cost me over $200.00. Stupid camera car parked at the side of the road. Thinking about it that way, the ARP bolt is pretty cheap.

I just texted a friend that works at Fast Parts the part number. I don't like to bother him with stuff, as it seems the only time I speak to him is when I need a part. Its just that the fast parts warehouse is a 5 minute walk from my office. Its just so convenient to go pick stuff up.

My last crankshaft bolt cost me over $200.00. Stupid camera car parked at the side of the road. Thinking about it that way, the ARP bolt is pretty cheap.

$200!!!wtf here it is for $6
http://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts/ford-bolt-flanged-hex_f1az-6a340-a.html

Yup, I snuck out of work, and the bolt was on the other side of the city. I was in a hurry, and received a nice present in the mail for $200.00 showing the back of my truck. I knew It happened when I was picking up the bolt. Ouch.

Shipping thru fordpartsgiant is $20.00. So, thats a $26.00 bolt. I'll look for the bolt locally, if not, I might call summit and have the ARP bolt added to my order. Then I get the ARP bolt for the same price as the ford part.

Yup, I snuck out of work, and the bolt was on the other side of the city. I was in a hurry, and received a nice present in the mail for $200.00 showing the back of my truck. I knew It happened when I was picking up the bolt. Ouch.

Shipping thru fordpartsgiant is $20.00. So, thats a $26.00 bolt. I'll look for the bolt locally, if not, I might call summit and have the ARP bolt added to my order. Then I get the ARP bolt for the same price as the ford part.

O yea forgot about shipping to you.i saw some on ebay with free shipping for like $8 but doubt its free ship to you.

if its not the shipping, its the tax. if its not the tax, its the g.s.t.. if its not the g.s.t., its the duty. if its not the duty, its the exchange. if its not the exchange..........

got the pan off for you don.

DSC02751_Large_.jpg

DSC02754_Large_.jpg

DSC02757_Large_.jpg

i can now see why you would want to change to a SOHC pan. this thing is beefy! wished my 5L pan looked like this.

on another note, i am wondering if you will also need different main bolts. not sure if yours are flat, or if they have threaded boss's in them for the pan girdle.

DSC02753_Large_.jpg

oh, and like i said before. i take no responsibility on what your truck will start acting like using parts that belonged to evil (or born with). you take her parts at your own risk!

got the pan off for you don.

DSC02751_Large_.jpg

DSC02754_Large_.jpg

DSC02757_Large_.jpg

i can now see why you would want to change to a SOHC pan. this thing is beefy! wished my 5L pan looked like this.

on another note, i am wondering if you will also need different main bolts. not sure if yours are flat, or if they have threaded boss's in them for the pan girdle.

DSC02753_Large_.jpg

oh, and like i said before. i take no responsibility on what your truck will start acting like using parts that belonged to evil (or born with). you take her parts at your own risk!

Like i said he will need ALL bolts including the cap bolts.its a 5 step process.

Wow, thanks Tim!

We were at a friends doing some computer work.
Yup, the bottom end looks way different than the ohv. The bolts are probably different.

It's late, inventory tomorrow, ugh..
I have a couple of pics ill post tomorrow of the ohv bottom end.

This will be interesting.

So, can the cap bolts from my ohv go on the sohc?

Wow, thanks Tim!

We were at a friends doing some computer work.
Yup, the bottom end looks way different than the ohv. The bolts are probably different.

It's late, inventory tomorrow, ugh..
I have a couple of pics ill post tomorrow of the ohv bottom end.

This will be interesting.

They are totally different.you need ALL bolts including the cap bolts.you need to see both the ohv and sohc to totally understand.

Back