Disable hids flashing with keyless entry / alarm? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Disable hids flashing with keyless entry / alarm?

I just installed a set and I searched around but didn't see any threads. I know I can re-wire them straight to the battery but the plug and play kit works for now.

Anyone know if there is a wire I can snip off the alarm that will kill the headlights from flashing with keyless entry / setting the alarm?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I forgot to get the HIDs with the xenon high beams so i just wired them into my high beams and i turn them on and off with the high beam switch so i turn them off every time and they don't flash when i lock the doors.

I have read the bi xenon kits are a waste of money so you did good. I thought about wiring it the way you did to the high beams but I would rather just try and track down the wire that ties into the alarm from the headlights.

To bad I am at work, snowed in, without my wiring diagrams or I could look at it now...

I forgot to get the HIDs with the xenon high beams so i just wired them into my high beams and i turn them on and off with the high beam switch so i turn them off every time and they don't flash when i lock the doors.

Just went and tested it. Mine are opposite of yours and work the same. Mine are wired to the low beams. If I turn the highs on, then lock the vehicle, they do not flash which is what I wanted.

I will still try and track down the wire from the alarm or rap though.

Thanks

I have read the bi xenon kits are a waste of money.
You heard wrong. My Bi-Xenon Kit works perfectly. The other night I was refletcing light off a road sign from 0.8 miles away. Yes nearly 1 mile. I can't read it from that far but they clearly light the sign up

So any luck on the wiring?

Back