DIY: Front License Plate Bracket Removal! | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

DIY: Front License Plate Bracket Removal!

That looks great! If you want to remove the scratches, try using Meguairs NewFinish.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Created an acct just to say thank you. Picked up my new 2018 Explorer Sport on Saturday. I stumbled into your post almost immediately and am REALLY happy with the license plate removed. This site rocks.

Created an acct just to say thank you. Picked up my new 2018 Explorer Sport on Saturday. I stumbled into your post almost immediately and am REALLY happy with the license plate removed. This site rocks.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Congrats on your new Sport.:thumbsup:

Peter

sorry to bump an old post but does this apply to a 2018 explorer too?

@njvixen - it should. Most car manufactures use either a plastic rivet (like Ford loves to do) or a screw and snap in anchor.

Pull your plate to look behind it to see whats there - This is a 2018 and looks similar.

2018FrontPlateBracke.jpg

@njvixen - it should. Most car manufactures use either a plastic rivet (like Ford loves to do) or a screw and snap in anchor.

Pull your plate to look behind it to see whats there - This is a 2018 and looks similar.

2018FrontPlateBracke.jpg
Looks about right. Thank you!!

Would it hurt performance if the plate was installed in the open area below the current mounting location?

Has anyone ever found fasteners that match the Ingot Silver Metallic front bumper on the 2016 silver explorer? I can use black but it would be nice to match the bumper. Thanks

Has anyone ever found fasteners that match the Ingot Silver Metallic front bumper on the 2016 silver explorer? I can use black but it would be nice to match the bumper. Thanks
The dealer should have the Touch-up Paint.

Peter

Back