does taking out the sjb reset itself? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

does taking out the sjb reset itself?

rusty813

Reaction score
City, State
Private
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Ford Explorer Sport
iI am planning to replace my dash harness with an 08 explorer that came equipped with sync and dual a/c. Also I have to replace the smart junction box. I am going to be buying the sjb from the same salvage vehicle.

My question is once I remove the original sjb from the vehicle does it reset and do I have to take my car to dealership to get it reprogrammed?

All I can say is Wow. No way could I get inspired enough to take on that endeavor for such scant payoff. Seems like a daunting task physically, mentally and monetarily.

Without diving into this any more than I already have, it appears you'll be making a trip to the dealer before and after the operation. Here's a few snips from the Service Manual:

419-10-1.gif

418-01-1.gif

418-01-2.gif

418-01-3.gif

As Town would say, "GOOD LUCK!"

My SJB has an issue with my interior locks, and the dealer wants 350 for the box plus 350 to reprogram it. It has to be a special order since they told me depending on every option you have in the car, the SJB has to be set up accordingly.

Back