door locking and unlocking while driving | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

door locking and unlocking while driving

paul0617

Reaction score
City, State
nyc
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 xls
When I am driving and when I hit bumps the doors lock and unlock. I have a 2000 explorer. checked door fuses but no keyless entry. if I don't have the keyfob with me it still happens. any help and I would be grateful.

Ok I'll take a whack at this.

I had the EXACT same problem with my 94 Saturn. I know... GM.. but well the problem ended up being the BCM (Body Control Module).

Now, to half relate to your issue, I can UNLOCK my 96 Sploder with the U/L button on the driver side door... but I cannot LOCK it neither with that button, nor the keyfob, nor the number strip on the door.

Strange, eh?

Now, to half relate to your issue, I can UNLOCK my 96 Sploder with the U/L button on the driver side door... but I cannot LOCK it neither with that button, nor the keyfob, nor the number strip on the door.

Strange, eh?

Not really. The keypad works thru the Remote Access Personality (RAP) module, just like the remotes. Look for a bad splice in the pink/yellow wires (Lock) in the wiring channel in the door sill for the driver side rear door. This splice issue is well known. Good luck.

When I am driving and when I hit bumps the doors lock and unlock. I have a 2000 explorer. checked door fuses but no keyless entry. if I don't have the keyfob with me it still happens. any help and I would be grateful.

Look for broken/bad wires in the driver's door boot. The door lock switches work by putting a ground on the circuit; it is very common to have broken wires in that area. Good luck.

Back