• Register Today It's free!

door panels on '02 XLT

omny

Reaction score
City, State
Orlando, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 XLT
need some help taking off the door panels on my '02 XLT front and back. I attempted to take off the front door panel, and ended up paying ford $30 to put it back on. I had a 96 limited prior to this and installed speakers in that on and you just took out 2 screws and popped the door off. These new ones aren't like that. If anyone knows how to take these off please let me know so I can install my speakers. Thank you for your help in advance...:(

ok this is what you need to do, below the door handle their is a panel that is in the shape of a parellogram and its about 4 x 4 inches. slide a flat head screw driver under the bottom right hand part of it, and left hand part on the right side door..pull back and then you'll see that panel come off..then lift the window switches up, their will be a screw behind their undo it and lift the panel up, the 2002's and up use hooks so you need to lift up on the panel unlike the previous generation where you pulled the panel directly off...also if you go on www.fordexplorer.net and use the search function i have posted an article their off of a website that you can by turn signal mirrors and it has pictures to show you what is what and what not

Back