Driver belt and alarm

Jezza

Reaction score
City, State
Montreal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 XLT
Hi every one,

For what ever reason, the drivers seat belt on my 2003 ford explorer XLT is playing up.
It does not recognize anymore whether the belt is fastened.
I would like to open out the belt attachment so that I can fix what ever it is and also see if there are loose wiring.
How can I switch off the belt alarm now that it does not seem to attach properly any more

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi,
Thank you for your reply but I also have the manual and understand it.
The problem is that the system does not recognise that the belt is fastened when it is...(alarm continues when belt is fastened)so I wanted to know how to disconnect the belt head to fix the wiring but that is not evident.
Is there any other way to disarm the chime from the fuse, I have looked at the diagram but cannot find the one that fits for the belt connections.

Thank you

Hi,
Thank you for your reply but I also have the manual and understand it.
The problem is that the system does not recognise that the belt is fastened when it is...(alarm continues when belt is fastened)so I wanted to know how to disconnect the belt head to fix the wiring but that is not evident.
Is there any other way to disarm the chime from the fuse, I have looked at the diagram but cannot find the one that fits for the belt connections.

Thank you

Look thru your owners manual in the fuse section to see what fuse controls the warning chime device. If you can't find one listed there, you can still turn off the seat belt minder chime as directed by "SwsHawaii" by going thru the deactivation steps listed in the manual. The process only takes a minute or two to do.

Look thru your owners manual in the fuse section to see what fuse controls the warning chime device. If you can't find one listed there, you can still turn off the seat belt minder chime as directed by "SwsHawaii" by going thru the deactivation steps listed in the manual. The process only takes a minute or two to do.

Thanks

Its actually my belt , so I am going to change it but also check my seat belt sensor.

To get there lots of people have used the T47 and some sasid T50 driver, I have not yet tried it but have the T50.

I see a problem here. The de-activation procedure requires fastening and un-fastening the seat belt. If the receiver does not acknowledge the seat belt being fastened, the procedure will not work.

As an electronics nerd, I would go under the seat and short out the connector wires until I get the seat belt receiver repaired. Are you nerd enough to get to the underside of the seat and trace the wires?

Back