• Register Today It's free!

Beta testing new turbos

EcoPowerParts

Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Flex Ecoboost
Well it's taken awhile to get everything done on the new turbos, I picked them up today to have them installed next week. It seems like forever HOWEVER it all worked out perfectly, I was able to get my fueling system done and these arrived at just the right time.

There's no pricing or definitive info until I get done installing them, dynoing them and testing for you guys. If I give the thumbs up that there's good pull, good power and no surging Turbos Direct will be ready to offer them up.

2013-06-12+15.19.07.jpg

2013-06-12+15.19.56.jpg

2013-06-12+16.41.25.jpg

2013-06-12+16.41.30.jpg

2013-06-12+16.41.37.jpg

2013-06-12+15.19.22.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do they have something coming out for F-150 EcoBoost?

How much power should these pick up from what you have now ?

There's been a misconception about this post, I BOUGHT these turbos from Turbos Direct and I'm testing them. Someday, eventually they will have some for sale but not right now.
I am not a vendor, I'm just a crazy man that likes to take cars that shouldn't be fast and try to make them somewhat fast.

I just want an external BOV

Damn awesome work I can't wait to see how they perform!

Awesome, subscribing to keep an eye on this...our '14 wont remain stock for long :)

Got a dyno done this afternoon before I upgrade my turbos. I made more horsepower and torque than a new corvette, too bad I weigh 2/3's more :)
This is with 50/50 E85/91 octane in the main tank and E85 in the aux tank.
This is also the same power as my nitrous setup used to make so I've got another 75HP I can hit when needed BUT I don't want to mess with that until after the new turbos are installed.
The AFR is a bit rich down low but I didn't want to spend a bunch of time or money tuning it completely as the car will be getting the new turbos next week.
Last numbers were 330/390 pre-E85 on 91 octane
2011+Flex+Mike-page-0.jpg

Nice numbers, can't wait to see what they look like with the new turbos.

Wow that's a nice bump in power!

any updates now that its been a month?

Back