• Register Today It's free!

electrical gremlin

smegun

Reaction score
City, State
florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 ford explorer xlt
if i hit the blower all my gages move fwd a notch if i turn it off they move back a notch i started having problems with my alternator gage it would get stuck beyond zero and id have to tap the glass / plastic to un pin it im wondering if i truley have a runtime drain on electricals someon told me to check the bulb housings for corrosion ..... i had two 80 tbirds and if anything electrical was bad it would run like crap i changed everthing electrical once to fine it was just a hair line crack in the battery

This could be the battery too, or connections/cables thereof. A good well connected battery will absorb sudden power draw changes. I'd test the battery and check the various connections in the alternator charging circuit. If you have something to measure resistance, I'd ohm out the cables. There was a thread on here last year, ended up being corrosion in a splice inside a loom. If you want to go down this road, let me know. I'll post a schematic of the charging circuit if you want.

This could be the battery too, or connections/cables thereof. A good well connected battery will absorb sudden power draw changes. I'd test the battery and check the various connections in the alternator charging circuit. If you have something to measure resistance, I'd ohm out the cables. There was a thread on here last year, ended up being corrosion in a splice inside a loom. If you want to go down this road, let me know. I'll post a schematic of the charging circuit if you want.
yea i was thinking negative terminal were on the same ... the say plugs and wires there getting skinny these days give us a standard din or two will change em all duh ...... electrical diagrams i? i got a few backed up also and was trading differences with the 94 from 93 and earlier was trying to deduce the block strategy for sequential change and when it defaults to batch ........ keeps knokin and tickn i just cant part with all my partin last thing i bought was a set of led's except there backwards brights are driving on the switch think we talked once about the fog and dew point having play with my 4x4 lights and messing with my turn signals you said clean out the bulb sockets ..... still havent found the booger yet ....

Back