• Register Today It's free!

error code P0193

sakirfp

Reaction score
City, State
Forsyth GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 XLT 4.6
My 2004 ST with 235K miles just got a check light. The error code is P0193. The code says fuel rail pressure sensor. Circuit High Input.Is this just a simple sensor replacment or is there some other issue I need to worry about. Is this problem cause by fuel filter issues. This sport trac still has the orginal fuel filter.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

at that high of milage the filter should have been replaced a few times now i would absolutely do that regaurdless as for the code that means low fuel pressure/flow so some culprits can be the filter, fuel pump, or possibly the sensor (never seen one yet be bad).

so start with the fuel filter, clear codes drive it for a while and if same code comes again check fuel pressure at the rail and confirm that with a chilton or haynes manual to check fuel pump pressure. if the pressures are low then your pump is bad. if pressures are good and in range then your sensor is bad

I got me a new Fuel Filter today..I am going to change it tonight when I get home...

Thanks for the trouble shooting tips.

no problem buddy let me know how it goes and if that dont fix it

I have a 2004 Sport Trac XLT and check engine light just came on...been having transmission issues....Where is the EEC IV test plug located...??

I have put over 1000 miles on my truck since I changed the fuel filter and reset the code...Knock on wood no problems..I am glad it was an easier fix.

I made to 241K miles and the error code came back. On occasion I get a slight hesitation. I think it is time for me to get a fuel pressure gauge connected up and check the fuel pressure. Now with my luck the fuel pump is going to need replaced...

Back