Explorer Spec Differences 2011-2014 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer Spec Differences 2011-2014

diswell

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
BMW
Hi everyone,

I need a little help! I'm a Brit about to emigrate to Canada in four weeks and am researching a family car to pick up when we get over there.

The Explorer has definitely caught my eye as a pre-owned option but I need a little expert knowledge to help me target the right model.

I'd like the XLT or (if the budget can squeeze to it) the Limited trim, but there are pre-owned models from 2011 to 2014 available at a range of prices. Other than the standard "newer is better" rule, I was wondering how much difference in specifications there were between 2011 and 2014?

Are there years it's better to skip over, or would a certain year hit a sweet spot in terms of specs vs price?

To my uneducated eyes, the 2011 specs look very similar to 2014 but I'm sure I'm likely to be missing something. Am thinking 2013 may be the one to go for (on price) but if for example - a 2012 model was available with similar mileage for a chunk less, would it matter in terms of specs?

Hope you all can help - thanks in advance!

Back