Explorer Sport downpipes pricing and group buy | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer Sport downpipes pricing and group buy

EcoPowerParts

Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Flex Ecoboost
We're ready to take orders on Explorer Sport downpipes.
I will have a group buy with introductory pricing of:
$950.00 for catted
$640.00 for catless

All pipes are made to order, usual ship date is 2-3 weeks after order is placed.
This special will last from now until 3/31/14.

Why would you choose these downpipes? The cats pass emissions with no problems! These are the same downpipes (modified jig to fit the Explorer) that we have had many customers running on Ecoboost SHO/Flex with no emissions codes thrown, even on completely stock vehicles. Other downpipes cats have to have rear O2 tuned out or they throw a readiness check. If you are in a state that checks for emissions readiness this means you will fail with their downpipes, the downpipes we offer are the only ones known to pass emissions!

These pipes are compatible with existing tunes from Livernois and Lund and will be directly supported with the X4 canned calibrations once they are released.
Thanks!
Mike

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi Mike,

That is great news! Here come the drove of questions..... Lol

I'll start it off with.... Do you happen to have a sound clip of the non-cat pipes with stock exhaust?

Question 2... 100% bolt on? Or is modification required?

Hi Mike,

That is great news! Here come the drove of questions..... Lol

I'll start it off with.... Do you happen to have a sound clip of the non-cat pipes with stock exhaust?
No but it will only be slightly louder as compared to stock with stock exhaust. Just a tiny big deeper but nothing noticeable.
Question 2... 100% bolt on? Or is modification required?
Absolutely 100% stock pipe replacement, take off stockers, bolt on these.

One set of pipes made and test fit on an Explorer Sport we only had access to for one day as it was being sold. These are however identical overall to the existing SHO/Flex pipes we have except for a slight bend in the middle of the pipe to accommodate the engine cradle differences.

One more :)

I won't be in any position to jump into this before 3/31 .. what do you see the price being after the special? I'm very interested, but not until May.

One more :)

I won't be in any position to jump into this before 3/31 .. what do you see the price being after the special? I'm very interested, but not until May.
My sale pricing will remain up $995.50 for catted and $665 for catless.
There's been a recent price increase in materials so my costs went up for the pipes I'm buying. :(

I have couple of questions and may be a little stupid.

1. What are the main differences between the catted and non-catted pipes. I know one has that mesh stuff (If i can remember correctly) inside them while the other doesn't? Also, im guessing the non-catted will throw a code?

2. What hp improvements are made with with the catted and non-catted?
Im sure best results are attained with a tune, but i dont want to flash and void warranty.

3. Do you have any pictures of the products?

Thanks for your help

I have couple of questions and may be a little stupid.

1. What are the main differences between the catted and non-catted pipes. I know one has that mesh stuff (If i can remember correctly) inside them while the other doesn't? Also, im guessing the non-catted will throw a code?

2. What hp improvements are made with with the catted and non-catted?
Im sure best results are attained with a tune, but i dont want to flash and void warranty.

3. Do you have any pictures of the products?

Thanks for your help
1. One has catalytic converters and the others are straight pipes - click on the links in the first post to see pictures of the SHO pipes, 95% identical except for a slight hump in the pipe to clear the engine cradle.

2. Almost no HP increase as the ECU is tuned by torque commanded and torque limited. The stock tune will do it's best effort to limit the power you make and hit a specific power level. It has many resources to do this including controlling the throttle and boost to make that happen. When you do an aftermarket tune those torque limits and torque commanded are increased making more power, with the pipes you flow more exhaust greater exhaust flow on a turbo car = more power across the power band provided the tune isn't limiting it. There is a difference in the way the pipes make power down low compared to the stock pipes, about 800RPM the boost comes in sooner, makes it easier to accelerate.
Topic on the dyno of a stock SHO comparing stock vs catted vs catless pipes we offered (same as the Explorer pipes)
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=2054.msg28647#msg28647

Short answer, you won't see any power up top with stock tune but a good increase down low which definitely helps driveability.

You will throw a code with catless pipes on stock tune (even with a tune if you don't have the tuner accommodate turning off rear O2 sensors)

3. Click the link in first post for pictures as well as the topic below showing SHO vs Explorer pipes
Pictures comparing SHO vs Explorer Pipes
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=402294

Great info, thanks for taking the time to explain. If I didn't have warranty or wouldnt be worried about it, i def would do the tune.

Mike do you have numbers with the new downpipes and a tune yet?

Mike do you have numbers with the new downpipes and a tune yet?
No, nobody has bought any yet. If you compare the stock pipes to the PPE you can see there is considerable difference in the 2.5" pipe compared to the stock pipe where it is crimped down.
If someone wants to be the first guy and will go do a before/after dyno I will sell you the pipes at the listed pricing and then refund $200 for your time and effort to do a pre-post dyno on a tuned Explorer once the dyno is completed.

im tempted. as we are gearing up for texas 2k I could probably fit the time in. I really really really don't want to do cats but im not sure how to go about getting livernois to delete the cats from the 93 tune im running. I don't have emissions and obviously you made peak power numbers without them iirc from the sho numbers.

ill call tomorrow and see what they can do. is this set ready to go?

Each set is custom made for the vehicle so it would be 2-3 weeks before they would ship.
As far as catless just ask Livernois to disable the rear o2 in your tune.

Ok I'm in. If anyone here knows of an AWD dyno in the Clearwater / Tampa FL area, I'll do the before and after dyno pulls too...

I'm running the Livernois 93 tune....

Ok I'm in. If anyone here knows of an AWD dyno in the Clearwater / Tampa FL area, I'll do the before and after dyno pulls too...

They have a performance tune, and a high boost tune.. Which are you running?

Boy I miss Clearwater. Lived there for about 5 years. I was in Tampa for the Billy Joel Concert a few weeks ago. I sure don't miss the traffic. Have you ever gone to quaker steak and lube's car shows?

Buzz

Lots of orders on these, we came out with 49 state legal pipes right out of the box, no reason for updates as it was important you guys got your money's worth for your pipes and that they would pass emissions!

Just remember I am a small business but I want to take care of your needs, I've made more power on the catted pipes you'll be getting than anyone with an Ecoboost motor has all on my own dime on my own car.

Orders are in process of being made, looking forward to seeing some initial dyno's on tuned Explorers.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm excited and scared at the same time... A few more weeks before they ship?

The more my truck breaks in, the quicker it's seeming....which is great...But at the same time the 1 to 2 shift is frightening and getting even more so. I'm almost afraid to give it more power.

You made mad power with your Flex; did you have issues on that shift and a huge, violent shudder? I'm nowhere near your 600hp (yet! lol) How did you get around that?

Orders are in process of being made, looking forward to seeing some initial dyno's on tuned Explorers.

Back