Explorer V-6 vs. V-8 MPG??? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer V-6 vs. V-8 MPG???

we get 12-15mpg in rush hour city/hwy driving; 19-21mpg Hwy, 17mpg towing 1klbs boat + cargo box. Wify drives it during rush hour and she has a lead foot is the reason for the 12mpg.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ive driven both the v6 and v8 models. i would take the v8 anyday. Much smoother running than the v6 IMO and the extra power for passing and merging on hwys is excellent.

I have an '04 Eddie Bauer V8 with 91,x.. miles. Since i've bought it I have not gotten better then 15 on the highway and its usually about 11-12 in town. I think there is something definately wrong with that. Anyone have any ideas?! I know air filter is not supposed to make a difference cuz computer can calibrate. Probably plugs, wires, o2 sensor and what else can I do to improve mileage?

dont worry about gas millage, it will only depress you. these trucks are engineering flukes, you will never have decent millage no matter what motor

geez you guys are doing good!

my 03 v6 tow package gets between 11.5-13 mpg all city. (the 11.5 was with me driving after doing some work on it to "test" the repairs..normally the wife drives it)

Our "city driving" around here is 65 mph.. stop. 65 mph, stop.. 65, stop.. The highway is nothing but stop lights every few miles.

i dunno how many mpg i get with my 01 sport.

Back