• Register Today It's free!

extended radius arms dont fit??

bigorange440

Reaction score
City, State
ABBOTSFORD B.C
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 EXPLORER LIMITED
got a 94 ploder that im putting in the 6 inch skyjacker lift and ext radius arms..im putting it all in and i have run into a problem the drive side diff will not line up..if i put the diff into the drop bracket i can not get the radius arm into the bracket and if i put the radius arm the bracket in i cannot get the diff into the drop bracket...anyone else had this problem...i can see the radius arm is hitting the diff right near where that bolt goes in to hold the front carrier.. it needs to go in more but will not...should i just shave a bit of metal or am i missing something...thanks

When you say diff you mean beam right?

You have to grind a bit of material off the Skyjacker radius arms to get the beam to fit properly, most of them are lie this believe it or not.

Yup... Been there and done that (but forgot to get the T-shirt). I had to break out the angle grinder and remove some material from the lower bracket that was making contact with the TTB/diff housing.

Seems common, I had to grind on the diff bolt bracket and radius arm of a Rancho kit to get it to fit also.

Back